The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some info please

Guest suprasteven

Guest suprasteven

Hi guys i just wanted some help and info on delimiting and tunning!

i have a N/A auto but have read up on here that they are not worth doing up and i should just to TT can anyone shed some light?

Secondly i ve also read up that delimiting the car doesnt actually de limit the car but just sends some sort of signal and the car does not actuallt reach a higer speed again can anyone shed some light at what is the best option??

Waste of money tuning the NA in NA form, you'll throw £100's at it to get very little gain

A TT is easily tunable to 400 odd hp and will come with a geabox etc that can cope with

around 500 if you fancy a bit more and fit a small single to it.

Yh i know that about the delimiter thats what i am asking how can i de limit it properly to do more than 180mph??

or am i thinking wrong here?

You best just flog it and go get a decent hp single as your na's never going to

push the needle that far, a bpu tt is going to need a lot of rd to get to 180mph

Guest suprasteven

Ok sounds good!

My idea was to fit a decent induction kit and exhaust system and give it a bpu and leave the car as my daily run around!!

Then get myself a 6 speed manual TT

Ok sounds good!

My idea was to fit a decent induction kit and exhaust system and give it a bpu and leave the car as my daily run around!!

Be a good car as daily just dont throw money at it, induction kit is

not worth doing, i'd just fit an exhaust possibly but be carefull you

dont make it stupidly loud.

De catting them seems to do this so personally i wouldnt go there.

If i had one as a daily i'd leave it totally stock and put the

funds to modding the 6 speed tt :)

Guest suprasteven

well when i bought it the person had already changed the wheels and there are a few scratches inside on the dash and leather other than that the cars immaculate!! so i am going to have the dash done in carbon fibre to look all nice a new and have the colour changed as i am not a massive fan of silver!! also it has 60k on the clock so i think it worth keeping for a while or till the TT is done :)

Yh i know that about the delimiter thats what i am asking how can i de limit it properly to do more than 180mph??

or am i thinking wrong here?

You will be hard pushed to get it to 155mph.

Ok sounds good!

You can't technically 'BPU' an N/A as this is a term given to the TTs to see an extra 80-100bhp, you will be lucky to see an extra 10bhp in an N/A.

Ah ok thanks for that marc!! i guess i ll leave that out!

TBH, the N/A is fine as it is, I used to have one(actually, I still have another one sat here) and I find them fun to drive, I'll admit I prefer them with a manual box but even in Auto form there a good comfy car with a bit of poke.

Guest suprasteven

Yep very true i have always preffered manual! but to be honest out of all the auto cars i have driven i am def going to say that the supra has been the best and fastest!

I had a Seat Cupra before it did 145mph on the motorway easy!! but i had that done up to the max!!

This is a public forum mate and comments like that can get you into trouble if the wrong people read it. Instead of mph we like to use leptons which may or may not be equivelant to mph :D

Guest suprasteven

please see edited post!! :D

many thanks guys when i read that i just rememberd all the ones i d seen on the news and pictured my face appearing on there for that post!! :innocent: