The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Relocation of the boost controller solenoid

Dim Sum

Relocation of the boost controller solenoid.Juts wondering where people put theres. I'm just tidying around the engine bay, clearing out things and etc.

Then i noticed where i put the solenoid is kinda messy. My is located near the driver by the brake fuild area, and im thinking about putting it closer to the Heat shield where is less noticable would anyone recommed it or maybe suggest a better place?

Thats where mine is mate and its pretty noisy as solinoid ticks quite loudly. Dont blame you for relocating it.

Mine is to the left of the suspension turret in this piccie behind the big black plastic box

http://img.tapatalk.com/d55168f7-af47-0302.jpg

Exactly the same place where i have currently setup at. I was thinking of moving it closer to the heat shield, do you recommend its going to be too much heat for the solenoid to take?

You would have to ask someone far more knowledgable than me. Sorry.

I think most of the members here knowledge just this time it ain't the right topic :D

i removed the big VSV from near the front of the engine when i fitted my EBC i then fitted my solenoid there... you can hardly see it

Thanks, ill check it out tomorrow. If other people got more suggestion please post

ive got mine where the air filter goes, that area.

boost controllers are suppost to be as close to the turbo as possible,

plus my greddy profec A is a noisy bugger too, so you cant hear it from inside the car when its down the front of the engine bay

plus my greddy profec A is a noisy bugger too, so you cant hear it from inside the car when its down the front of the engine bay

That's the same place as mine. Can't even see it!:)

You don't have a stock airbox do you if i remembered correctly.

You don't have a stock airbox do you if i remembered correctly.

no i dont,

vsv for the actuator for the 1st turbo...the one you block off/bypass when fitting a EBC

same area as i did

when i said the air filter area this is where i ment lol