The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Refurbished My Polished Lip :)

a98pmalcolm

Sorry its regarding wheel lips lol. Ok thought I'd Share my hard work with you lot.

I embarrassedly curbed one of my wheel the other day. with deep stuffs 1/3 around the wheel. I was so pissed off I had done this to my recently purchased wheels I didn't take a pic for a before and after job.

I had refurbished my old wheels quite well so I was rather confident I could do this, however as my old rims were...old they didn't have a mirror finish so this would be the next level up of a challenge.

I used a VERY coarse sandpaper to get rid of the deep scratches and dents. Then use wet and dry in 240, 400, 800, 1200, 1500 grades. Then use more 1500 with Maguires metal polish as few times then alloy wheel seal. A real pest to do and alot of hard work but VERY much worth it to get it as good as you can get.. Some more weight off my mind..

Here is a few pics of my wheel I refurbished (excuse the dirty car lol)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7289/20120219203811.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9382/wheeli.jpg

Thanks

Paul

Thanks guys.. Although I dont get the photo joke lol... Erm I guess there not the best pics. But I only took the pic of were it was damaged.. :D

Josh you should be over the moon.. Theres Pictures in this thread ;)

Take a look at Rob Mtichell's threads and you will get the joke :D

It is really hard to get a good photo of a polished rim. :rolleyes:

I am also in the middle of refurbishing my Blitz Z1s and was intending to post before and after pics.

I have done the two rears and they are now mirror like.

But when I took photos it was hard to get the right angle to show them off.

If you take it from the side then it doesnt show the mirror finish and if you take it from above you just get a photo of your own ugly face. :wacko:

It is really hard to get a good photo of a polished rim. :rolleyes:

I am also in the middle of refurbishing my Blitz Z1s and was intending to post before and after pics.

I have done the two rears and they are now mirror like.

But when I took photos it was hard to get the right angle to show them off.

If you take it from the side then it doesnt show the mirror finish and if you take it from above you just get a photo of your own ugly face. :wacko:

Best way to solve this is to get someone attractive to take the pics.