The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bpu supra quarter tips

Stu-R

Alright just wondering if you had any tips for the supra on the quarter mile

Went up crail today and managed 13.206 @ 110 just couldn't get the power down at the launch, tried 1st and 2nd gear launches and found feathering the power in 1st gear was the best.

Just wondering what every one else's technique was

That's pretty much the norm for a BPU car bud. Getting into 12s on road tyres (I think) is generally the best you can get to.

I take it you are running normal road tyres? Which ones do you have? Have you had the geometry done recently? You could get it set up so that you get more grip when the car squats if you wanted to, but that would maybe be a bit much of a muchness if you are just doing it for fun, the setup would wear tyres on the outside IIRC.

What suspension are you running? Basically to get the most out of the supra you really need to maximise the grip, as you are hitting low 13s I would say your technique isn't too bad. What was your 60ft time?

I think the guys with the faster times ride the clutch a little in 1st & 2nd gear, I don't know if that's more of a slick tyre technique though.

I'm not sure just some shitty stretched things that came on it from Japan, it's got 18 x 10 rears and a 1.5" spacer on the back so there's possibly room for a 12" wheel with some sticky tires :p

It's on tein flex coil overs on the hardest setting and that run was

RT 0.631 60FT 2.204 TV 110 ET 13.206

I'm not sure just some shitty stretched things that came on it from Japan, it's got 18 x 10 rears and a 1.5" spacer on the back so there's possibly room for a 12" wheel with some sticky tires :p

It's on tein flex coil overs on the hardest setting and that run was

RT 0.631 60FT 2.204 TV 110 ET 13.206

There's loads of room for improvement with your 60ft but it's going to take good tyres to get you there. The tein flex are pretty soft with regards to the spring so they should be pretty reasonable for launching as far as a street car goes. As said already the surface at crail is absolutely rubbish, you have done reasonably well getting that time on that surface.

Does the car have overfenders or wider arches at the rear? Just wondering how it's fitting those wheels under there. I wouldn't recommend a 12" wheel with wide sticky tyres as you won't have enough power to get the car moving if you have TOO much grip. You need to find the correct width and compound for your power to get the most grip without bogging down.

I think the best i got in my bpu auto was 13.8 at pod. was just running 1bar though so might be a bit quicker this year now i know how to work my bc. Not much you can do about the launch in an auto though left foot brake revs at 1800 foot off the brake and plant the right. I got kinda bored to be honest i didnt see the point after about 7 or 8 runs as i wouldnt better the time much.

I think the best i got in my bpu auto was 13.8 at pod. was just running 1bar though so might be a bit quicker this year now i know how to work my bc. Not much you can do about the launch in an auto though left foot brake revs at 1800 foot off the brake and plant the right. I got kinda bored to be honest i didnt see the point after about 7 or 8 runs as i wouldnt better the time much.

When you brake boost, can you not floor the accelerator?

Did you turn the tc off Tony?

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.474554,-0.712657

When you brake boost, can you not floor the accelerator?

It just spins up the rear wheels mate and starts a burnout. I found it quite tricky to left foot brake and just have enough revs to feel it bite the ass squats just a tad standing still but too much it will spin. Plus i think it will probably brake something eventualy.

It just spins up the rear wheels mate and starts a burnout. I found it quite tricky to left foot brake and just have enough revs to feel it bite the ass squats just a tad standing still but too much it will spin. Plus i think it will probably brake something eventualy.

No dude.it will spin the rear tyres.

Learn something new everyday, I always just assumed that the brakes would stop the wheels from turning. Is the stock stall 1800rpm then?

Learn something new everyday, I always just assumed that the brakes would stop the wheels from turning. Is the stock stall 1800rpm then?

No dude you can do burnouts quite well with no line lock but it will not do the rear brakes any favours, you have 'flash' stall and brake stall, 2 diff things.

No dude you can do burnouts quite well with no line lock but it will not do the rear brakes any favours, you have 'flash' stall and brake stall, 2 diff things.

What's the difference? Never heard of flash stall or brake stall, just stall lol.

Thats what i found mate 1800 ish was as high as my revs would go before i broke traction on the line

Need to get a hi stall in there then :D

What's the difference? Never heard of flash stall or brake stall, just stall lol.

Need to get a hi stall in there then :D

Flash stall, if you could measure it is without using the brake, it will be a bit higher than the stall if brake boost, but braking is better for drag racing, hi stall is one of the biggest differences you will make to an auto car along with the box, im going for a Titan,

Flash stall, if you could measure it is without using the brake, it will be a bit higher than the stall if brake boost, but braking is better for drag racing, hi stall is one of the biggest differences you will make to an auto car along with the box, im going for a Titan,

Ahh, so because you are winding up the engine and the power the TC will bite a little bit earlier than it would without any load?

So if you got a 3500 hi stall it would bite in far earlier when brake boosting?