The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance agreed valuation / How much is my Supra worth

mplavery

Hello People

It's insurance renewal time for me, competition insurance and Livingston Warman insurance and both have given me good quotes this year

Both do Mod for Mod and Livingston also do agreed valuation... Now I know this is a grey area on what I think the car is worth and the insurance company think its worth but they have told me to go on my forum to see if any traders could possibly have a rough guide...

At the end of the day I'm going to insure it for what I think it's worth weather they agree or not....

Now I know this is a regular post (what's my car worth) but I'm just curious what you guys n gals think to see if it matches my estimate .... Would be great if JM Imports say as well

So little about my car

It's a J spec, Twin turbo 6 speed with 57k on the clock

Car is running FULL BPU,

Full body kit professionally done sprayed Liquid Yellow by Xquisite

Works wheels, Tein Coilovers

OEM Recaros, Large Uk brakes

Engine bling and carbon all over lol

I have all receipts for all the bodywork, bodykit Org Do-Luck bumper etc....

Here are a few pics

Thanks for you time

I thought this would have been worth over £10-11K. I suppose you'd only find out what it was worth if you put it up for sale.

At that price I would snatch your hand off.

H.

Single turbo 6 speed builds with 8k+ worth of parts going for £12k, single Auto's going for £8k. The market isn't there IMO. People always give unreasonable values when people ask what their car is worth. It's the same when people put their cars up for sale, they end up sitting there for weeks/months because the valuation is unrealistic within the current markets. I have never had any illusions about what my car is worth. What it's worth to me, and what it's worth to sell is 2 different things.

Single turbo 6 speed builds with 8k+ worth of parts going for £12k, single Auto's going for £8k. The market isn't there IMO. People always give unreasonable values when people ask what their car is worth. It's the same when people put their cars up for sale, they end up sitting there for weeks/months because the valuation is unrealistic within the current markets. I have never had any illusions about what my car is worth. What it's worth to me, and what it's worth to sell is 2 different things.

Your right Scott, it's a very grey area, like most things you have to get the right buyer,

I do get a few messages abroad now and then asking to sell for some reason lol

Weather it's worth it or not I would not let it go for 10,11k lol sorry Harverd lol I would rather keep it which I plan to anyways

I just wanted a rough idea what other people think it would go for

I agree with you Scott in the most part but if a car is particularly specical then it will go for higher value. I have never seen this car but a few members have asked if I have seen it. They then go on to say "wow"..!!

A run of the mill beater would go for the prices above but a super clean car is what everyone wants. There are (IMO) a handful of cars on here that will go for silly money if the right buyer came along.

H.

I agree with you Scott in the most part but if a car is particularly specical then it will go for higher value. I have never seen this car but a few members have asked if I have seen it. They then go on to say "wow"..!!

A run of the mill beater would go for the prices above but a super clean car is what everyone wants. There are (IMO) a handful of cars on here that will go for silly money if the right buyer came along.

H.

I agree, if it was a run of the mill 6 speed I would be quoting 8-9k, it isn't though so I quoted 10-11k. Noone would pay any more than that for a kitted pre-facelift BPU regardless of it's condition. Of course that's my opinion but I base it on what I've seen sell on the forum over the years, and how much it has sold for.

I agree, if it was a run of the mill 6 speed I would be quoting 8-9k, it isn't though so I quoted 10-11k. Noone would pay any more than that for a kitted pre-facelift BPU regardless of it's condition. Of course that's my opinion but I base it on what I've seen sell on the forum over the years, and how much it has sold for.

True. There is only one way to find out....:D

Just to add here, what this car would sell for isn't what I would value it at as far as insurance goes. What a car would sell for and what it would cost to replicate is obviously 2 different things. If your car was stolen it would take a LOT of money to get one to the same standard as this even if you got a car that was remotely similar.

Just thinking that the idea of sale value and insurance value are getting a little mixed up here. As far as the insurance valuation goes you should check what receipts you have and add everything up (that you can prove), from there simply add 9k for the cost of a decent BPU and give the insurance company that figure. You can prove what you can prove and you know that the bare car would cost 9k to replace. IMO that would be a solid valuation that you could back up with solid evidence.

QUOTE=ajlittler;3324458]Great car there, I think it may fetch a little more than £10-11k but like Scott says with market being the way it is that may be a realistic valuation??

But that a side your car looks a million dollars :D

Thank you mate

off topic but your car looks amazing in those pics, ive seen it in other threads,

dont know if its a real good camera or what but it looks super clean and very sorted

Yes those photos are my Mag feature photos mate, but it is Super clean lol

Just to add here, what this car would sell for isn't what I would value it at as far as insurance goes. What a car would sell for and what it would cost to replicate is obviously 2 different things. If your car was stolen it would take a LOT of money to get one to the same standard as this even if you got a car that was remotely similar.

Just thinking that the idea of sale value and insurance value are getting a little mixed up here. As far as the insurance valuation goes you should check what receipts you have and add everything up (that you can prove), from there simply add 9k for the cost of a decent BPU and give the insurance company that figure. You can prove what you can prove and you know that the bare car would cost 9k to replace. IMO that would be a solid valuation that you could back up with solid evidence.

Again Scott I agree

I do have receipts for all the body kit, all the bodyshop work, exhausts, gauges , wheels etc etc and I'm using that as a guide as I know they would give me no where near what I have spent on the car lol

I have done a agreed value of 15k... Again I know what ever figure I put down they will try to undercut me anyways