The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Started work on my fog light & headlight leveling conversion using U.K spec switches

ScottC

One thing thats always bugged me about my jspec Supra is the hideous looking aftermarket fog light switch mounted on my dash, so after a quick call to Keron I was the proud owner of a U.K dash panel complete with all the U.K switches. I also have U.K glass headlights fitted and seeing that I now have a manual leveling switch, I decided I may as well get them working while I have the dash in bits. Steve Manley then kindly supplied me with most of the plugs and terminals to make the loom for the headlights.

Then I realised that I would need an indicator for the rear fogs for the MOT (doh), luckily Keron also had a U.K spec fuel and temp gauge which houses the fog light indicator.

First job was to remove the green film from the rear of the instrument cluster ready for the rear fog light indicator lamp.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146442&d=1329601069

Then I just swapped the cruise lamp from its holder to the fog light holder.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146443&d=1329601069

Next on the list was to remove the Jspec fuel/temp gauge and replace it with the U.K spec.

With instrument panel ready to be fitted back into the car I started work on making up a loom for the headlight levellers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146444&d=1329601069

attachment.php?attachmentid=146445&d=1329601069

The plan tomorrow is to get these parts fitted to the car and make the final connections to the switches.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

How did you go about switching the fog light indicator, I plan to use a relay to switch the earth to the lamp?

I just ended up running a dedicated feed from the fog switch output to the telltale (thesame feed the fog lights themselves are running off)

But running a small relay to jump an earth to your Uk spec telltale is how I'd do it in your case, I had to put a telltale template in myself on mine, did one for my front fogs too lol

Little update

Got the loom fed through the engine bay at the weekend and wired in.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146654&d=1329917523

Mounted the relay that controls the foglight indicator on the dash.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146655&d=1329917523

Then had a little test run with the foglight

attachment.php?attachmentid=146656&d=1329917523

Just waiting on the plug to arrive for the fog light switch so it can all go back together.

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg