The mkiv Supra Owners Club

vacuum caps blitz dsbc r install

ashbuster

hey guys

looking at this guide to fit this

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/index.html

it says i need 1/4" vacuum caps

do i really need them that big ? i thought these pipes here where im to block off were smaller?

and where the best place for these in black or purple

also anyone know where i can get this t-piece from to tap into my boost gauge vac line?

heres a photo of it on

tttppp.JPG

or can i use a normal plastic t-piece ? but i think the top part is a different size

also what size silicone hose is best to plumb all of this in?

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

hey guys

looking at this guide to fit this

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/index.html

it says i need 1/4" vacuum caps

do i really need them that big ? i thought these pipes here where im to block off were smaller?

and where the best place for these in black or purple

also anyone know where i can get this t-piece from to tap into my boost gauge vac line?

heres a photo of it on

[ATTACH=CONFIG]146446[/ATTACH]

or can i use a normal plastic t-piece ? but i think the top part is a different size

also what size silicone hose is best to plumb all of this in?

Its just a normal plastic t-piece and you can buy ones with size to accommodate the hose you requirer. Try Ebay for these plastic t-piece and i'm i believe 5mm Vac lines will do the trick.

Hope this help http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3692.m570.l1313&_nkw=4MM+T+PIECE+VACUUM+HOSE+SILICONE+JOINER+CONNECTOR+PIPE&_sacat=See-All-Categories

What sizer would you recommend for the boost controller fitting 4mm or 6mm ?

some of the vacuum pipe i used was 6mm and some i used 4mm.

(pipe from turbo to boost controller i used the 6mm) then rest the pipe from the intake manifold to boost controller was 4mm.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-Vacuum-ASH-Hose-Pipe-Silicon-Water-Air-Coolant-Dump-Valve-Radiator-/290640027512?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&var=&hash=item8960a3ed56#ht_1168wt_862

nice to order plenty of it as its so cheap, and you bet youl need some again on the car or future car again :)

is there a need to cap these pipes? when i went to fit mine, i found different people had done different things. some had left the pipes on. some capped the pipes. and some left the pipes on but with filters in them. all this got me so confused that i decided that i didnt really need it after all, and just disconnected it lol

thanks guys

does it make any difference what size hose we use as long as it fits?

i have 3mm and 5mm hoses here

diameter doesnt matter no, as long as it fits.

you want to get the pipes as short as possible though (as if they are too long it can spike)

doesnt matter now guys

theres no purple wire coming from the solenoid and there should be

there should be 3 wires (blue/white/purple) which go to the blue/white/purple on the controller and there isnt

So I have given a full refund and apologised just to clear that up, brought the item off two members on here, one for the controller and one the solenoid both were untested by me so sold with a full refund guaranteed if not up to the job for whatever reason

yeah thats right

its not deans fault

dean bought it for his own car but then decided on a ecu instead

full refund was given before i sent it back too

it will be sent back this morning bud

thankyou

im not sure what you can do with it mate but it seems the solenoid is missing a wire (purple)

it could be for a different controller

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)