The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi 500hp S2000 in need of Supra 6 Speed box (pics inside)

Guest cyber gook

Guest cyber gook

Just popping in to say hi. I am in search of the holy grail. Well actually a Getrag V160 Manual 6-speed gear box for conversion into my turbo'd s2000.

I hope you guys make my stay welcome and worthwhile. I'll post up some pictures of the project ive been working on and hope to have complete by the end of March.

Cheers!

Rob

Edited by cyber gook (see edit history)

Guest cyber gook

Thanks guys, I was expecting less of a warm welcome due to the content of my post...:D

I will get some more pics up when it comes out of the body shop. Its having the same Lambo Telesto grey painted on the outside over some new aero parts :)

Were aiming for just over 500 @ the fly initially at 1 bar or less fuel permitting. Turbo is a PTE billet 6262 BB with vband inlet/outlet. S2000 heads flow extremely well, especially up in the last 2k revs of the 9k limit we will have set on it.

Now a question for you guys. How do I put a post in the wanted section? As mentioned at the top, I am looking for a V160 getrag manual 6 speed box.

Thanks alot! More pics to come as and when we progress.

:cool:

What's the reason behind the V160? I suspect that after forking out for the box (at least £2.5k) plus your clutch/flywheel (over £1k) custom propshaft, bell housing, shifter etc you're going to be looking at the thick end of £7k :(

Have you considered the Toyota R154? It's a five speed, but also a very strong box and much cheaper.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cyber gook

Thanks for all the kind words guys! Should see some running progress in the next week or so :)

The trumpet intake will receive a cold air feed. I will use on of the brake ducts in the bumper to duct cold air to it. I'm also looking into Zircotech ceramic heat coating for the exhaust mani and downpipe to keep the heat down.

The reason for the V160. A company produce a conversion plate, prop shaft, clutch, driveshaft, diff and mount kit to work on my chassis meaning you can launch the car like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5zhwl_9n0Y

I will contact Jurgen, thankyou! :)