The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your opinions wanted

Guest Swift

:hi: Lady's & gents,

Would be greatful if you could give me your opinions & any possible probs with a n/a aerotop auto?

Looking at having one of these for a while before moving onto a TT6 monster :D

Cheers!

Before many others come on here and flame you, why not check the buyers guides?

Use the search button, it is your friend.

Many on here are intolerant of people who do not help themselves before asking questions.

You have been warned!!!!!!!!! Don't blame me if you cop it.

Good luck with your search and keep us posted. We are quite nice once you get to know our strange behaviours.

:hi: Lady's & gents,

Would be greatful if you could give me your opinions & any possible probs with a n/a aerotop auto?

Looking at having one of these for a while before moving onto a TT6 monster :D

Cheers!

Well if you go for a aerotop and in no rush, you could always drop the TT engine later. Best of both worlds :D

Ty Logie, Tiz the sorta advise I'm lookin 4! As gotta justify it to my accountant aka the misses lol!

Thanks 4 the warning Mooret. I have checked all the guides when I joined & they have been a great help, just wondered if it was a gd idea or not.

Well if you go for a aerotop and in no rush, you could always drop the TT engine later. Best of both worlds :D

Like that idea especially after I've been reading up on other peoples projects! Ty!

Hi mate I have a NA aerotop auto and i think they are fantastic!

Nice and responsive! but they could do with a little kick of power that's why I turbod mine so it's NA-T :)

And they are even more fun when the sun is out :)

Cheers mate!

Have a read of the guides HERE

My advice would be choose very carefully which car you buy, a clean well looked after example should give you many reliable miles, a tired abused example could end up spending you a fortune putting right, it usually works out cheaper in the long run paying a slight premium for a good example. As long as it's been regularly serviced the 2JZ-GE engine is very reliable, but like any car ancillary parts (radiator, alternator, harmonic balancer, distributor cap, HT leads, etc.) wear out with age/mileage. One area I would check thoroughly is the condition of the suspension as replacement parts are very expensive.

If you find a Supra you're interested in, post up details so we can give it the once over for you. It'd also be a good for someone who knows Supras or with mechanical knowledge to go view the car with you.