The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm a very, very happy boy right now! / Upcoming plans.

TheTurtleshead

Hey Guys and Girls, just thought I would share what I have been up to lately with the sup!

attachment.php?attachmentid=146374&stc=1&d=1329503667

attachment.php?attachmentid=146375&stc=1&d=1329503667

After many months of saving, staying up too late scouring the internet and bugging traders on the phone, (Sorry!) I almost have all the ingredients for the perfect supra, and am basically skint again!. I have wanted a 6-speed box since I have owned a supra, and this one came up at just the right time. Picked up this little lot in a 750 mile round trip to glasgow, just got back, i'm shattered :D That's a big case UK Spec Diff with a Cusco LSD. And the best bit is…. it was a freebie from the seller! :ecstatic: I'm now looking forward with barely contained excitement, to the charity tunnel run on the 10th of march in london! 300 Japanese cars getting lost in central london on saturday night cannot fail to be fun.

Cheers to Keron for the clutch bits and gearbox fluid. I never manage to buy anything off that guy without a good, hour long, supra based chinwag, he's a top bloke! Thanks to RobD for the flywheel bolts and thanks to toyota for pulling my pants down once again with their price on a new gearbox mounting rubber :(

Also Picked up some parts from Kenny for another member in the netherlands, so i'll be getting them shipped over to him next week all being well!

Just need Adam, (Hackin 'n' Bashin) to stop playing with his new bike :D Rent an engine crane so we can pull his engine and gearbox, and strip his car to a shell. The next stage of my master plan includes his subframes being stripped and powder coated, ready to be swapped onto my car, and then he gets mine to do the same for his future supra. Think I should start a project thread about the car, as I always have something going on with it!

The Icing on the cake is the TRD 10K tach I bought off of supragaz, cheers buddy! Which was waiting for me when I got home :) And finally eagerly awaiting the 4" HKS Ti stainless replica coming from SRD on monday.

And yes I know my garage is disgusting! I'm a messy bugger when I work, the end result is always good though!

I have this clutch pedal for sale if anyone wants one? PM me! If anyone has a v160 shifter for sale please PM me, it's the last bit I need!

attachment.php?attachmentid=146376&stc=1&d=1329503667

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

Probs the supra now mate :) Once it's back together Eleanor is coming apart for some TLC. I just can't bring myself to have two cars in pieces at the same time, hence I left her alone over the winter. You coming to the tunnel run adam?

Jos, £30 mate plus whatever it costs to post it to you :) I think £30 is about the going rate for the pedal. I have a used manual master cylinder you can have free if you want? Needs a rubber rebuild kit, not scored inside at all, about £30 from toyota, much cheaper than buying a new one at £160!

Does anyone know if I need different drive shafts for a Big Case?

I think the N/A TRD tacho I bought from supra gaz is actually a TT one. I was going to change a resistor to make it work with a TT, but the resistor is the same value as my current TT one ? :blink: Anyone shed any light on this?

Probs the supra now mate :) Once it's back together Eleanor is coming apart for some TLC. I just can't bring myself to have two cars in pieces at the same time, hence I left her alone over the winter. You coming to the tunnel run adam?

Cool that means 2 black supra's on the stand :)

I might be going yeah but can't say for defo yet as I'm heading to London that weekend anyway and may just go down in the Supra but I'm visiting friends and staying there so depends if we have anything planned... so maybe :)

Top effort matey, got to admire your dedication.......I'd have just bought a 6sp to start with :D

I know what your saying mate, would have been easier! But, I already had the engine in my last sup, all rebuilt with hybrids etc.. And when this one came up, with the Nur Arches, the awesome 19" RH wheels, and I always fancied an aerotop! Plus it never costs me any labour, as I love working on these things myself :) Then it failed to sell for a while, it was like it was meant to be to be honest! Plus it's black, which I think is the best colour for a sup! When you add up what it's cost, I have got some fantastic deals on parts, it has worked out at about 11k now, and I have so much more than the Stock, low mileage TT6 I would have for 10k. If you look underneath this car, it's like brand new!