The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Should my supra have a stock sub?

ripped_fear

Hi all

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if my supra should have a stock sub installed?

Basically when buying my car I soon realised that at some point the car had been fitted with a after market audio set up. I reckon the car has definitely had an amp at some point as I have old audio cables running from the battery to the inside of the car, which when traced ends under the passenger seat. these are not stock cables looking at the wires.

Also in the boot I have I have two metal brackets which are mounted to the boot foam, along with one wire which in an earth which looks after market but I have one cable with what looks like a factory fitted plug on the end. I have enclosed pictures to help it easier.

attachment.php?attachmentid=146335&stc=1&d=1329423676

attachment.php?attachmentid=146336&stc=1&d=1329423676

attachment.php?attachmentid=146337&stc=1&d=1329423676

attachment.php?attachmentid=146338&stc=1&d=1329423676

Thanks all :)

DSCF4552.JPG

DSCF4553.JPG

DSCF4554.JPG

DSCF4556.JPG

I don't think yours had a stock sub originally as between those aftermarket metal plates should be a whole for the sub lol. Also where my stock sub is its not a polystyrene piece it's solid plastic.

And as said that particular wire is for the CD changer but the sub wire should be around there somewhere

Was the stock sub any good ?

It's not no, I found a speaker that fitted in the stock sub space that was much better, that combined with an amp has worked wonders for the bass. Not as good as a proper build but enough for not adding a lot of weight and getting pretty decent bass and overall sound :)