The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member and first time supra owner

jcbt

Just recently purchased 93 jspec tt- had car checked over and everything seems fine apart from small oil leak which I think isfrom sump seal. Is this a common problem and is it right that they dont have gaskets just sealant. Can anyone recommend a good sealant if this is the case

Welcome, the sump is just sealed with sealant. I would look carefully around the engine as this seal is not a frequent problem. Is there any sign of oil above the black tin part of the sump? Areas to look for are drivers side behind the aircon pump (oil pressure switch can leak), front crank seal so oil directly below the front crank pulley and at the rear (usually) the cam covers can leak and the oil drips down to the rear of the engine/sump.

If the main plastic undertray is on the car then i'd whip this off for a good look around and take a few pics and post them back up here.

I live in collier row - just a few drips from passenger side of sump - I will be taking the guard off this weekend so will then have a thorough search just in case its something else.

I will get some pictures up soon- just awaiting return of front spoiler which I had repaired as previous owner obviously didnt like kerbs.

Thanks guy's- looking forward to meeting you all - hope you don't mind older members in their 50's who always wanted a supra and now reliving their youth through their 17 year old son who is mad keen on supra's. We will definitely be going to japfest,are there any other good meets between now and may?

Collier row?! Ahhhhh, I know who you are lol, you are the proud new owner of my old supra!!!

Have you got the front lip back on now? That Supra was a really good buy, such a good looking example.. the only reason for the sale was because of my work problems.

Take a look and consider attending the bluewater meet every first friday of the month. Ill attend sometimes still with a few of the others.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?206257-Bluewater-meet-every-month/page37

for all you wanting picutres, take a look in my garage.. lol.. awww I miss my old beast :(

Edited by Supralad (see edit history)