The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any one went single turbo on the tiptonic supra??

Supra N_A

Why dont you get used to the stock TT power and then BPU it and see how you get on? Going single is a whole different ball game in power and money being spent, imo.

:yeahthat:

If you haven't even had a TT engine in then a bit pointless to be thinking about a single conversion.

500 max mat tbh, 550 you pushing it..

Happily running 580bhp & 570lbft on the stock autobox (@ 1.6 bar), mapped to 1.8bar but turbo was iirc going past it's efficiency for the AR.

There's been advances in how to map a single turbo with an autobox, Ryan's done a lot of work now and I believe has found what previously killed them.

OP - Speak to Ryan about it, I can explain what he's done but better hearing from him :) And also I suppose you could throw on an SRD cooler kit and have an S6 monitor gearbox oil temps (perfect combo being eng oil temp, water oil temp, EGTs, AFRs and Gearbox) - any more you have to go up from the S6GP to an S8 iirc.

P.S the cal tools on syvecs are pretty cool to look at!

PPS - What are you looking for in a single turbo? Outright power? Best possible spool? I've probably got the quickest spooling stock block auto on the forum, check out the ECU Register in the tech section. 0-60 on WOT with Paul's twin WG manifold + screamers sounds.... awesome :D

Edited by caseys (see edit history)