The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bulb holders for facelift sidemarkers compared to prefacelift - difference?

James

My Supra is prefacelift. The wings and bumper I have coming are facelift so I require the facelift sidemarkers.

I'm wondering how - if at all - the bulbholders/clips differ between the 2? I'm hoping they are the same so that I can just extend the current ones? How/where are they normally routed? Just through the inner wing and down?

If you mean the sidelight that are in the bumper you can adapt the original wiring but you will need the facelift looms (part number 81515-14390 and you will need 2), this guide is useful:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?31633-How-To-Fit-facelift-front-indicators&highlight=fitting+facelift+side

I recently fitted them and it wasn't too bad.

If you mean the side indicators on the wings I believe the facelift wings do not have the holes for them?

What I mean is that I currently have the side repeaters/indicators in the wings on my prefacelift setup, though I have bought (essentially :) ) facelift wings and a facelift bumper. The facelift bumper has the side repeaters/indicators at the corners of the bumper where it meets the wing. I need to wire those up and was wondering if the bulb holder/clip is the same as my existing one that is in the wing. :)