The mkiv Supra Owners Club

can one buy a trd 320 kmh speedo still?

patrik

Hi,

Ive searched for a trd 320 kmh speedo but cannot find one online anywhere?

the reason for this is that i have that i want to sell (need the cash) so

1 dont know what its worth

2 I will have to buy a new/used one again when getting a new supra

So give addvise on worth and availability pls ;-)

It depends mostly on whether or not they are facelift or prefacelift. The facelift ones go for alot more as they're discontinued, the prefacelift arent. Also, the facelift have the Mileage incorporated into them, the Pre's dont.

Cost of Facelift ones when MVP sold them last year:

$450 for the tach.

$400 for the S2 speedo.

$55 to ship together.

They are considered rare, MPV had what was supposed to be the last lot, some while back, whether there will be another end of the line batch !!! remains to be seen. I would not sell either of mine under £200.

I have the prefacelift TRD Taco and Speedo in my car, they are brilliant in a high power high revving set up, but over kill in anything else. I have a converter in my car so my Kph speedo reads MPH, quite handy give the potential top speed. I have blanked off beyond 250 mph, as it just looks silly having a 320mph speedo.

i like the 320 mph speedo, you never know :-)

I also think that they sold the last batch since it was special order and a lot of nagging before they actually got the "last batch" of trd (mvp that is).

Ok so i have a rare speedo then. i will put it up in for sale and see if i get any takers.

Thanks for the help!!

It depends mostly on whether or not they are facelift or prefacelift. The facelift ones go for alot more as they're discontinued, the prefacelift arent. Also, the facelift have the Mileage incorporated into them, the Pre's dont.

The J-spec TRD speedo must be different - mine doesn't have any MPH at all.

But you are completely correct about the rarity of the series 2 - I bought mine from a special order group buy.

The J-spec TRD speedo must be different - mine doesn't have any MPH at all.

http://i42.tinypic.com/167a3uu.jpg

But you are completely correct about the rarity of the series 2 - I bought mine from a special order group buy.

They just convert it to read in Mph then stick a black sticker over the "k" so it reads "m/h" lol. Thats what mine is like, its hardly noticeable. Although doing 30mph and the needle hardly moving is annoying to me.

They just convert it to read in Mph then stick a black sticker over the "k" so it reads "m/h" lol. Thats what mine is like, its hardly noticeable. Although doing 30mph and the needle hardly moving is annoying to me.

Ahh, that's what you meant. You wrote it as though the speedo reads in both MPH and KPH, rather than it requires a modification to work in MPH.

FWIW, I couldn't be arsed changing it (everywhere else in Europe reads in KPH) so just drive to the nearest lowest round number.