The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What size hose to join from standard throttle body to intercooler pipe

Dim Sum

No you don't want any leaks!

If your throttle body is 76mm across then get a 76mm joiner and it will go stright on with ease and will be nice and snug mate!

My throttle body is 76mm and my intercooler piping is 63mm so I bought a 76mm to 63mm silicone reducer and it fits perfect!

But mine is an NA-T and im not sure if your throttle body is 76mm but I would of thought it would be :)

With piping it when it says 76mm it will be external diamator

With silicone when it says 76mm it will be the internal diamator

So it fits perfect.

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

:who: ordered a straight from Demon tweeks already .........

If it turns out to be wrong i guess i could keep it for spares, but i had a quick look didn't take a measurement but it looks like ive been using a straight joiner

So you measured the coupler you have rather than the TB and the intercooler pipe? Does that not seem a bit daft? lol.

So you measured the coupler you have rather than the TB and the intercooler pipe? Does that not seem a bit daft? lol.

To be honest i didn't measure any thing, did a post maybe look around the Internet, waited for some answers and im straight on ordering it .... all i did was go outside to see if it is a straight joiner or not.

I was waiting for that lol. I had a rough idea what size but i just wanted a bit of reassurance, if it is too small or big im sure one day it come in handy.

If i did measure it, i would of still posted just to double check.

Posting to double check wouldn't make any difference as different hardpipes are different diameters so there is no sure answer. The only thing people would be able to tell you for certain would be the outer diameter of the throttle body, the size of your hardpipe would need to be measured to see if you needed a downsizer.

Posting to double check wouldn't make any difference as different hardpipes are different diameters so there is no sure answer. The only thing people would be able to tell you for certain would be the outer diameter of the throttle body, the size of your hardpipe would need to be measured to see if you needed a downsizer.

Thanks for both of your advice, really appreciate it.

I did mention i had a look, on my car its using a straight joiner and seems to be fine. But for future reference i will take note. Most bits were fitted by Keron so its my first attempt at these stuff, just trying to gain more understanding so i carry some basic things. :)