The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Was getting a bit down about my supe.....but then!!!!!

staples230uk

Was feeling a bit down about the current state of my supra. The heater is being random was only blowing cold air (I have a thread running about it lol). There are other small bits that need doing that I dont have the time for, and plus the fact I'm looking at getting it stored away during the spring as it wont be used due to me commuting a fair bit. PLus not being able to move it for the last few weeks as it has been snowed in. It was getting a bit glum in my opinion.

Having a bit of a thaw over the last day I thought I'd take the supe out for a run to look at a 2nd car. The supra is minging, the dirtiest I've ever had it. But as soon as I was 30 seconds out of my drive the love was back and I wondered why I ever felt so down about it! Was out for about an hour or so and have never enjoyed such a humdrum journey in such an awesome car.

Just thought I'd share the love! :) :)

Was feeling a bit down about the current state of my supra. The heater is being random was only blowing cold air (I have a thread running about it lol). There are other small bits that need doing that I dont have the time for, and plus the fact I'm looking at getting it stored away during the spring as it wont be used due to me commuting a fair bit. PLus not being able to move it for the last few weeks as it has been snowed in. It was getting a bit glum in my opinion.

Having a bit of a thaw over the last day I thought I'd take the supe out for a run to look at a 2nd car. The supra is minging, the dirtiest I've ever had it. But as soon as I was 30 seconds out of my drive the love was back and I wondered why I ever felt so down about it! Was out for about an hour or so and have never enjoyed such a humdrum journey in such an awesome car.

Just thought I'd share the love! :) :)

I was like that when I brought it for some reason which probably stemmed from if I could afford to run it, Saying that though it is the only car I have been happy to be in even when stuck in traffic.

It happens ever now and then

I was feeling like this last month.

but i have just done a major service on it at the weekend and sup felt great when i took it for a spin and now the love is back:love::love:

Well I'm hoping that once I don't need her as my daily then I can afford to take my time with things. It may mean that for some meets I'll be in a focus/mondeo/passat etc. can't wait to get mine serviced this year. Might even get the engine out and have good nosey to see what's what.

Its the lack of nice weather and all the salt on the road that gets me down, I can't stand not taking the Supe out. I find that spending some quality time washing and polishing on a dry day solves this problem for me, the love is restored :)

I have been using mine all the time although I seam to be cleaning it all the sodding time as well.

Any 'real' pics of your car Graham, never seen you post a pic of it (no the 12 man race doesnt count)

This is photo my mate took of it before he attached a parking ticket. I am really bad for photos as I still have photos on my camera from when I went to Brisbane 2 years ago. Neil your pm box is full you helm.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297606_10150891405770093_502525092_21407793_1020148062_n.jpg

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

hmm yea i know what you mean, when things need doing or money need spending on them it can get you down,

soon as its in tip top shape and all clean though its amazing :)

I think that is what it is most of the time. With me it is anyways.

I would rather be spending money on making look nice and going faster like most peeps