The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it worth selling my Supra and getting a similar one?

RB-GTE

I can't make my mind up so please feel free to leave me some opinions.

I am being offered a price for my supra, and for this specific price I can buy another Supra for the same amount.

I have a white 07/1995 TT RZ 6-speed now. 114,600 KMs, Factory recaro, black carpet, JDM body kit, pretty stock except gauges and exhaust.

I can buy a white 03/1997 TT RZ-S 6-speed. 110,500 KMs, Factory recaro, black carpet, JDM body kit, bone stock except exhaust and coilcovers. Overall its in better condition.

Would you guys do this trade? the 1997 Supra is in Japan right now which I can purchase so there will be a little wait to recieve it... but this is fine by me.

The only thing I am not sure about is if I like the series 2 dash better. I don't know...

You could say that I am just trading my Supra for a better one pretty much, if I were to sell/purchase.

I would go for it mate. The fact it's been in Japan up until now is a bonus (better weather and the Japs have respect for their vehicles). It's also newer, more desirable as it's a facelift and easier to sell on. I assume that you are purchasing through a garage here so if there is anything wrong with it you should have some sort of warranty with it?

The car is all good. My friends friend in Japan owns a smalller dealer, had a full inspection done on it, all is sound.

Its very stock-ish which leads me to believe it hasn't been abused.

It's coming from a legit source.

On mine I'd upgrade the headlights, tail lights, and probably even paint it... so I'd need to invest more into mine to make it on par with the one I'd like now. hmmmmmmm wubgyu 92h8 ng53yh

The car is all good. My friends friend in Japan owns a smalller dealer, had a full inspection done on it, all is sound.

Its very stock-ish which leads me to believe it hasn't been abused.

It's coming from a legit source.

On mine I'd upgrade the headlights, tail lights, and probably even paint it... so I'd need to invest more into mine to make it on par with the one I'd like now. hmmmmmmm wubgyu 92h8 ng53yh

There are cars out there which have been single'd, hurled around tracks, then reverted to stock - be careful. Only if you're 100% sure...

I notice you list "weaker diff, prop, driveshafts and hubs". Is there any evidence to back this up? As in reported regular failures?

These where all thing I was informed off via other members but it was a while ago.

IIRC the weaker diff was in reference to it being smaller to some of the old style ones,

I will have to go back and have a look at it all, to find out the information again, BUT I notice you say 'regular failures' as for this I would say no, not regular just a great chance of such event occurring.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

....BUT I notice you say 'regular failures' as for this I would say no, not regular just a great chance of such event occurring.

I don't mean to be picky here but that doesn't make sense. If you don't hear of many / any of these things happening (and I am yet to read of too many on the forum) then how can you say there is a great chance of it happening?

Mmm...so, hardly any (if any at all) reports of these things happening but a greater chance of it doing so.

I think I will have to reserve judgement on that.

One thing to note, I'm not saying that they are more likely to fail in stock form, my thread was more referring to modification capabilities.

Honestly out of the whole thread the only main things which appeared to be a disadvantage where the auto-sized 6 speed diff, Prop and the smaller NA size Radiator, apart from that most of it is all down to personal choice.