The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello everyone

Guest DMCMATH

Guest DMCMATH

Hi everyone.

After years of playing with Celica GT4's I now have a Supra TT - JDM auto in Silver.

As I worked for Toyota for 24 years I am trying to keep it close to original, apart from some nice wheels and a Blitz exhaust.

At the current time it has Veilside side skirts - does anyone have some standard ones in 199 silver ?

Also, is there any FMIC pipework that fits with a standard airbox ?

By the way, I was one of the guys who developed the Eu version of JZA80 TT - did you know the std car does 285km/h unrestricted without the rear spoiler, but only 277 with it - however stability is much better with the spoiler - hence we decided all EU versions must have the spoiler !

Welcome to the club, no dis-respect to the GT4's (i love them) but how come it's taken until now for you to get a supra? would love to see photo's of the celicas, they must have been pretty special (and supra of course).

The genuine toyota OEM skirts are quite rare, but fibre glass ones are readily available, and finding some in 199 silver shouldn't be a problem.

Guest DMCMATH

Thanks for the welcome.

In fact I was in charge of product planning for a while, finally reaching the position of Technical Director. I did a lot of work on chassis set up on many models. Most recently I was present when Lexus LFA went round the Ring in 7:14.

I helped build the Orange GT4 that Jonny Milner drove at Goodwood last year, and own a genuine TTE rally car used by carlos Sainz from 1992 Australia rally.

Celica ST185Goodwood.jpgToyota_Celica_fastest_car_at_Goodwood_2011_Toyota_248473-1024x682.jpg

However, I like most of my road cars to be nice standard cars, hence the search for std side skirts.

Have you retired now then or found another job?

I love the st185, my Dad had one for a few years in the late 90's (Carlos Sainz edition), thats what made me buy a celica when I could finally insure one.

What bhp is/was the TTE rally car? do you ever drive it or is it sat in a heated garage.

Guest DMCMATH

The ST185 came out at Goodwood last year, and will be used a couple of times this year as well. Look out for Jonny Milner driving it.

Car is usual TTE spec, so approx 320hp on 34mm restrictor, with 6 speed Xtrac dog box etc.