The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T ffim throttle cables? Now how to fit?

FOSTA

hi guys just looking at buying a TT style ffim.

but im a little unsure on the throttle cables i would need? there is 2 cables going to my throttle body! one of them i know is for throttle pedel but the outher one looks to go down the back of the engine bay? is it connected to the autobox or somthing? and where would i buy new cables long enough to fit the ffim?

cheers guys :)

sorry for my bad spelling!

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use a gt4 st205 throttle cable for the butterfly valve movement, I am unsure about the 2nd cable as I can't say I've noticed it or even know where your on about.

BarnyBrendan ran a FFIM he may be able to help you with this. Will be watching this closely as I'd like to do the same one day :)

Throttle and transmission line pressure on N/A auto, cruise optional on manual and auto.

Send your existing cable(s) to Speedograph Ritchfield at Nottingham and they will use the fittings and make you a new one(s) to the exact length(s) you want for circa £35 each.

Whats transmission line pressure?

And thanks for that mate :)

offable...I like that word :)

What ffim are you looking to buy Fosta? I wouldnt order any cables until you know exactly where your TB will be situated.

Lots of people looking to do the FFIM, I wish I had amazing engineering skills, so I could plan a group buy and save everyone some clams.

So far, the nicest one I have seen is the hypertune, but there is no way I can justify that cost. I dont like the look of the home made D-shape plenums, as I can see them flowing quite poorly due to not having velocity stacks for the runner entry, and having the 45 degree angle plate at the rear of the plenum. I want to go for either a converted GTE FFIM welded onto GE lower runners, or one of the nice units that are made in thailand and sold on ebay. There is more than a few reports of being able to barter them down on price, and shipping too so thats a plus.

I think a complete kit with the gaskets, throttle cables, vacuum fittings, throttle body, iacv, tps ect, would be a huge hit with the na-t crowd too

XS power manifolds first come first serve they are running out of stock mate.

You looked at relocating the steering res mate as well? I think if your going this route it would 100% be worth getting it flow tested to make sure your improving flow or at least matching it. I would think that heat soak would also be another benifit.

700+ bhp with stock ECU (must be running a piggy back) and still using the Dizzy. That blows out most comments about NA components being rubbish!!! Thats awesome. Wonder how he got that much power on stock cam's, maybe he got regrinds or hardwelded them? Would of had to modify stock GE cams for sure if still running that Dizzy. Will read that thread later to check it. A great build!

XS power manifolds first come first serve they are running out of stock mate.

You looked at relocating the steering res mate as well? I think if your going this route it would 100% be worth getting it flow tested to make sure your improving flow or at least matching it. I would think that heat soak would also be another benifit.

Some one has asked the question This is what he wrote on the NA-t forum :

I have built manifolds in the past and had one flow tested, and generally a log will not flow evenly, but that is only under vacuum. This manifold is for use only for forced induction motors, and therefore the intake is uniformly charged and no cylinder will have less flow than another because the plenum is so much larger than any individual runner.

What do you think? I generally don't have a clue when it comes to stuff like this pmsl :-/

Custom cam's at 264 will be welded I reckon. Re grinds just aren't rated.

Jamie, I would still get it flow tested if possible just so this is a technical decision and not purely on the cool factor :p

The cylinders would be equally pressurized otherwise Toyota would of included the same design for the TT as they done for the NA. Still worth getting it checked.

How would I check it? :-/ lol

I'm still waiting for him to get back to me so I havnt paid for it yet!

My main reason for wanting one is so I can get rid of the intercooler piping going across the engine bay.

But I dont want to lose power just for that.

Just intercooling piping? I would of thought that being able to tidy the bay from all the manifold, get to the spark plugs and reduce intake temp's would of been better than saving a bit of piping work :p

Just look at flow testing on manifolds, Im sure it's a process Google would be able to help you out with.

Chris Wilson would DEFINITELY be able to point you in the right direction but have a good look around first as you may find the answer without bugging the wise man.

You going to remove the Dizzy as well?

Have you got another steering res to relocate it?

No I'm just going to leave the dizzy for now and I will look in to getting a steering res locate.

I was just going to buy it now but it wouldnt be getting fitted for a while.

Im just wanting to start buying stuff for when Im ready to up the power later this year.