The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting an outside temperature gauge.

sammytruck

Hope this hasn't been covered a million times, I have done searches but cant find answer. After recent dodgy weather (sunshine and feezing temps) I would like to fit an outside temp gauge to car, has anybody already done this and is any bolt on better than another. Any recommendations or experience greatly appreciated...thanks.

Guest Rsand85

in the cavity under the scuttle panel thats where i put mine works fine no wind gets to it and no heat from the engine.only other place would be behind one of the front wings

Well I've bought a little temp kit, made by " Call+" it's the Yetti model lol. Powered by 1 AAA batt,so no wire in job. It has two small sticky pads to fix somewhere in interior, will get a pic up next time I'm home. £14.99 from motor spares.

Excellent! Look forward to seeing photos and hearing how it works. Is the sensor wireless then? And where did you mount it?

Excellent! Look forward to seeing photos and hearing how it works. Is the sensor wireless then? And where did you mount it?

No, not a wireless kit. Small sensor has little 3m sticky pad already attached and there is also a hard loop if bolting or using a self-tapper. Wire about 2mtrs long.