The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aftermarket Bumpers - Standard Car

michael

Has anyone got pics of an otherwise standard car but with an aftermarket bumper?

I'm wondering if mine will look silly on standard 17's with no skirts and an alternative bumper :)

Most really need a nice set of chunky wheels and an FMIC to make them look right so I'm looking for some pics to see what works and what doesn't.

Havent got any to hand but the yanks go for the aftermarket bumper with no skirts/spats look all the time !

Supraforums should get some get results.

Personally I dont think it looks very balanced.

Surely a used stock bumper would be the cheapest option. Thats what I would do.

edit - or get some replica skirts too :D

Originally posted by Paul E

But why not just put a set of sideskirts on too?

:thumbs:

I'd love to, and a nice set of 19's but at present I'm just looking into alternatives to replace my mangled standard one, I'm not sure I could get skirts too, I certainly can't afford to pay for them right now anyway :(

A lot of the problem is that I really like the look of the car with the active spoiler down and to the best of my knowledge no company does a bumper that allows it to be retained, I suspect I'll be sticking with the standard one at this point, if cash was no object and wheels, skirts, spoiler etc were involved then it would be a different tale but I can't find one I like that doesn't make the car look "front heavy" at the moment.

Originally posted by supradibbs

did someone on the bbs not do a mod that allowed the active spoiler to be down all the time?

I believe so, I'm also hoping Emin will continue to look into a means for people to have control over the spoiler at lower speeds - ie have it down when you want and be able to lift it to clear humps or park in silly places etc.