The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gearshift bushes help

Graham1984

First off an apology as I don't really know how to word this really. I had my mate change my gearshift bushes earlier on and when removing the old bushes the cradle or whatever it is that the bushes sit in snapped by the ring the bush goes in. He has used a concrete like paste/glue to fit it back together which he has done and it seamed fine driving it and the gear change was miles better than what it was before. I was wondering what the broken cradle or whatever it is is called so I can order a new one as even though it seamed as strong as ever when he put it together I would just prefer to replace it instead soon if someone would let me know what it is for a starter and where to get them from.

Also if I get this part replaced what would be the chances of getting the bushes out and refitted or would they get too damaged trying to swap them again??

Please excuse how this masterpiece is worded.

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

Any ideas how much a replacement would cost as I would pm kerron but he seams easier to call normally and with it being sunday tomorrow I doubt he will be available till Monday. I am tempted to see if Barney Brendan has one after he stripped his car bare. Hopefully I can get the bushes out again as they are brand new :)

Edited by Graham1984 (see edit history)

IIRC there isn't a replacemnt available for the 6spd, hopefully not the same for the 5spd. If it is it will need welded.

Yeah maybe welded is the answer. I msg'd Barney to see if he had one left over if not I will msg Kerron or get it welded up. Should hold okay for the time being just one of them sods law problems I seam to be having at an inappropriate time.

Yeah maybe welded is the answer. I msg'd Barney to see if he had one left over if not I will msg Kerron or get it welded up. Should hold okay for the time being just one of them sods law problems I seam to be having at an inappropriate time.

I wouldn't worry too much as one way or anothet it will be repairable. The only thing to think about is if you depend on the car.

I wouldn't worry too much as one way or anothet it will be repairable. The only thing to think about is if you depend on the car.

Thanks Scott glad it seams a simple enough fix, It is my daily driver so I depend on it all the time! Not taking the mickey after needing help but that's two posts in a row with typo's??? Are you sipping the homebrew???

Thanks Scott glad it seams a simple enough fix, It is my daily driver so I depend on it all the time! Not taking the mickey after needing help but that's two posts in a row with typo's??? Are you sipping the homebrew???

I'm 3 sheets to the wind ma'am.