The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra valuation

Tyson

This year I am thinking of going for an agreed value policy maybe with SKY if they can do me a good deal. Renewal isn't due til April but thought as I was bored to do a little looking around. How much would you value my supra at?

It is a Black 1995 UK spec TT 6.

Done 73000 miles with full service history and a huge wad of receipts.

Every MOT since new to verify mileage.

Completely standard apart from Silent Hi power exhaust.

Bodywork is immaculate with one stone chip on the passenger wing, no rust and the interior is immaculate also.

Body work has no dents or deep scratches.

Any othere info that would help let me know.

Well I know these are selling for between 14 and 17k to the continent dependant on mileage and condition. I know I would struggle to get anywhere near that in this country escpecially in the current financial climate. How would you go about agreeing a valuation with a company such as Sky then?

For starters i'd try LWIB on another forum first and think for an agreed value on your car i'd aim

to try and get as much as you can, due to its rarity and top condition i'd start high at £15k, you

can always come down.

Speak to Jason Livingstone and tell him i told you to call, im pretty sure he deals with agreed club

values personally.

For starters i'd try LWIB on another forum first and think for an agreed value on your car i'd aim

to try and get as much as you can, due to its rarity and top condition i'd start high at £15k, you

can always come down.

Speak to Jason Livingstone and tell him i told you to call, im pretty sure he deals with agreed club

values personally.

I am only 22 (23 in April) :( I thought they were 25+ ?

I am only 22 (23 in April) :( I thought they were 25+ ?

Arghhhh sorry Mike i thought you were a bit older than that, yes im afraid LWIB is 25 plus.

I'd still aim high though stating the rarity etc etc to get the agreed value as high as possible.

They can always say nope we dont think so or possibly agree. State how many UK 6 speeds are

left which i guess is sub 200 cars now

This is due to UK specs drying up, haven't seen a new one pop up for sale for ages.

Ash's stunning single has been for sale for a while at only £7,900. Few others on eBay, pistonheads etc.

I wonder if someone has found a loop hole? Think is though how can you tell the difference between UK Spec & JSpec on paper? Because when you export it has the same V5 form? I could be wrong though.

Sorry to go a little off topic :)

Arghhhh sorry Mike i thought you were a bit older than that, yes im afraid LWIB is 25 plus.

I'd still aim high though stating the rarity etc etc to get the agreed value as high as possible.

They can always say nope we dont think so or possibly agree. State how many UK 6 speeds are

left which i guess is sub 200 cars now

There are 90 UK 6 Speeds left in the UK up to the 3rd Quarter of last year figures for the 4th quarter are yet to be published. After to speaking to the creator of how many left and doing a little digging for myself i believe this figure to be accurate. There are also 216 Autos left making 306 in total.

Ash's stunning single has been for sale for a while at only £7,900. Few others on eBay, pistonheads etc.

I wonder if someone has found a loop hole? Think is though how can you tell the difference between UK Spec & JSpec on paper? Because when you export it has the same V5 form? I could be wrong though.

Sorry to go a little off topic :)

Becuase a J Spec won't pass emmisions even in standard form, I don't know the full story you would have to ask someone from the continent.

Becuase a J Spec won't pass emmisions even in standard form, I don't know the full story you would have to ask someone from the continent.

Ah, if they use the UK MOT database then it won't pickup I guess.

I am just curious as I noticed a few at the last Paris meet video.