The mkiv Supra Owners Club

knight racer HIDs bulbs will not fit??? plastic surround...

Supra N_A

easy as they are to fit hids.. these bulbs wont sit flush at all in the headlight the black surround on the headlight with the right turn lock into the headlight is way out compared to the OEM bulb.. any ideas?? it seems might have to grind a bit of the plastic to make it fit flush and lock in the headlight???

has any one else had the same issue?

I ask as dont want to hack into them and it does not work at all as ill just send them back...

there supposed to fit a supra as awell :search:

Edited by Supra N_A (see edit history)

Take your lights out and fit them outwith the car. Loosen off the black ring with a phillips screwdriver, be careful to use the EXACT right size or you will round the screws off, put the bulb in making sure it is seated properly and then tighten up the screw on the ring. Once done re-fit the headlights and plug the HIDs in.

When fitting mine they are VERY tight, I need to give them a good push to get them to sit flat while rotating. Held very secure once in though.

can fit them with the headlights in tbh its just the black plastic is way out its rediculis... yes they are for the j specs hmmmm

atm file in it down so see how its goes....10 min job becoming a 20 hour job !

That's because they aren't in properly.

Will leave you to it though.

You have to play about or cut some plastic around the bulb, I had the same problem. Even after cutting the problem was still there, it was all down to the centre round shaped orange ring that goes over the build, use the oem one as that's the problem.

You have to play about or cut some plastic around the bulb, I had the same problem. Even after cutting the problem was still there, it was all down to the centre round shaped orange ring that goes over the build, use the oem one as that's the problem.

i was just about to comment yea it seems like the oring around the bulb which is now the issue its stopping it go in.. ill try that now actually

It will work trust me just use the old oem then they will go on perfect.

tried mate and failed it seems the plastic on the inside of the bulb were the o ring sits is to thick! piss take tbh they are supposed to be supra fittings LOL!

dunno what to do now as they do not fit and I have filed them down so means will not be able to send back and they do not fit!

GREAT

cutting the plastic of new HID bulbs in order to force them to fit - :blink:

Why aren't they the right fitment to start of with?

They do fit, they are just a little bit tight. I did point out how to get past this issue but brute force and ignorance always wins ;)

well what a complete fail!

went round to my mates "fosta" cheers bud!

took the head light out like said easier to work with... there was a huge amount of plastic to file down to make these fit flush which is stupid as there not really supra specific are they?

anyways fitted all fine and.................. switch lights on nothing! the bulbs dead :flame: tried the other one and worked fine but yea so back to OEM lights!!

so that is 60 quid down the drain

kool kool

avoid these kits there rubbish, ask my mate about them....

dawt I will get a refund as I have filed them down even thow they were supra fitments :s

so going to buy new bulbs

will these work (whats with the 2 earth wires thow??) they are the correct size well same as the ones i have now

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HB3-9005-6000K-35W-HID-Xenon-Headlight-Bulbs-Replacement-New-/170702393098?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bea7cf0a#ht_2678wt_1037

Edited by Supra N_A (see edit history)

To be honest the first set I had were fine but they did not last even 4 months even though I used the car 5 times, ordered second set I had same fitment problem but managed to make them fit. After these go I'm going back to oem bulbs less hassle less cost.