The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Parking off my car for 10 months

Samurai 20V

Hi..

My car licencing will run out in 2 weeks time so I will not be able to drive it..

I orginally was supposed to leave Japan and return to SA in June, but I may extend my stay by another 6 months.

Parking the car off for 4 months was ok, but a bit worried about not driving it for 10 months, plus another 1 month on the ship..

The car will be parked in the open at the garage I deal with, as I cant keep it at home.

What do you guys think, will the car be ok? Anything I should do before parking it off?

Licencing is quite expensive here, hence the dillema..

Thanks.

Leave it in gear don't put the parking brake on for that long it might cease. If its out in the open for so long I would invest in a custom fit car cover for it. On your return to it I would bring a new battery with you aswell. I would leave a little petrol in it not a lot as it may go off on start up go put some fresh stuff in it. Should be fine after that.

When was the oil changed last?

I would leave it low on fuel, put fresh oil in. Is it alarmed and if so does it have it's own battery back up. Whenever my battery went flat the alarm went off and it lasted over an hour before the other battery died. Will this also affect your insurance?

Can you not just get it stored indoors somewhere on a tricke charger?

H.

When was the oil changed last?

I would leave it low on fuel, put fresh oil in. Is it alarmed and if so does it have it's own battery back up. Whenever my battery went flat the alarm went off and it lasted over an hour before the other battery died. Will this also affect your insurance?

Can you not just get it stored indoors somewhere on a tricke charger?

H.

Just did an oil change..

There are hardly any garages etc n Japan, space is a premium so cars just park outside...

It does have an alarm, but I will leave it off.

The insurance will be cancelled.

Leave it in gear don't put the parking brake on for that long it might cease. If its out in the open for so long I would invest in a custom fit car cover for it. On your return to it I would bring a new battery with you aswell. I would leave a little petrol in it not a lot as it may go off on start up go put some fresh stuff in it. Should be fine after that.

I have waxed it, I do a have a car cover, need to check it t fits properly..