The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Racing Supra Project

Guest Supra.Pike

Guest Supra.Pike

Hi Supr fans and owners.

I'm looking at building a Supra for trackdays and drag racing. I've looked at the size of the engine bay & think that a LS400 V8 will fit inside there.

I'm also looking at using gas suspension, A custom built roll cage, wide axels and the Top Secert 300GT wide arch kit.

As for the block, a super charger with Noz.

What do you guyz n galz think?

Many thanks,

Supra.Pike :D:rolleyes:

Hi Supr fans and owners.

I'm looking at building a Supra for trackdays and drag racing. I've looked at the size of the engine bay & think that a LS400 V8 will fit inside there.

I'm also looking at using gas suspension, A custom built roll cage, wide axels and the Top Secert 300GT wide arch kit.

As for the block, a super charger with Noz.

What do you guyz n galz think?

Many thanks,

Supra.Pike :D:rolleyes:

I think it's a nice dream. I'll believe it when I see it.

Guest Supra.Pike

Hiya Thorin & Westy,

No I dont own a supra yet but am buying an L reg in about a months time. I was planning to bore its guts out but have changed my plans.

The L Reg is going to stay as it is and the above project is something that I'm going to build with my Family. Who are a bunch of mechanics from Essex.

Using Spare parts via Ebay, Forum members and breakers :search:

I dont think theres anything wrong with the straight six block and thats why the L reg is staying stock.

The other car is just something only for the race track (trackday/drag racing).

I like that Gas joke :D

i think the 1uz fe would be a better engine for a circuit ca persoanlly . they are alot lighter, sit the weight behind the front axle and have a beautiful torque curve. if the 2jz in my car died and i could be botherd building a new one the 1uz would be the first thing on my list.

hope you do go through with it , would be great to see, all the best.

I'd strongly reconsider running anything other than a stock bodied car as a regular track or drag car, albeit with a few aerodynamic alterations.

Running anything else will prove very costly to repair when you pick up a few bumps and scraps as you inevitably will, if you are pushing both the car and yourself.

If you are using an NA as a starting point for the project I would also recommend you look at a 1JZ as a possible alternative to a V8 as a suitable powerplant for a track car, cheap to buy, easier to fit than the V8, very tunable and practically designed from the factory with track use in mind. I doubt you'd have many complaints.

The secret to sucess here is to keep things simple.

Welcome to the club.

Here are a few shots of my own tracker for inspiration (or as an example of what not to do!:D)

attachment.php?attachmentid=146124&d=1329131937

attachment.php?attachmentid=146125&d=1329131937

attachment.php?attachmentid=146126&d=1329131937

attachment.php?attachmentid=146127&d=1329131937

attachment.php?attachmentid=146129&d=1329131980

003.JPG

013.JPG

005.JPG

001.JPG

DSCF0011(1).jpg