The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlight bulbs

Josh

One of my dipped beam bulbs went last night. On taking it out, I tried to pull the bulb out of the "holder" it's in. I then checked online for new bulbs and realised they come with the big plastic part as well (never looked at them before and I've never had bulbs like that on previous cars).

If anyone's interested, I bought these bulbs (I know it says BMW but they will/do fit) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290648397841?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

I bought one from Halfords for £10 which is only 51W instead of the 80W that I had in there before. You can see it looks very yellow compared to the other one (I knew it would be).

Might be cheeky and take the bulb I just bought out and return it to Halfords when I get the new ones through.

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone needs new bulbs or was thinking of HIDs and didn't want to spend the cash. When the 80W ones were in there the lights shone bright and they look a lot like the HIDs I've seen in pictures. Not bad for £5!

Just a note to anyone considering these, the 9006 bulbs will only fit the UK glass headlight low beam, if you have j-spec headlights (pre-facelift or facelift) you'll need 9005 on the dipped beam.

Good thinking. I should have put that.

Thanks Nic.