The mkiv Supra Owners Club

To scoop or not to scoop?

Havard

Always fancied putting a bonnet scoop on the car but Mrs H is not keen (although she will not stop me doing it)...;):D

I am planning on just getting a scoop fitted and not getting the big hole cut in the bonnet and having the snorkel etc fitted. My other question is what do you do once you have drilled the holes to protect them from going rusty?

I have toyed with the idea of getting Supraloopy to do this for me but I am wondering whether to do it myself.

Here is the car as she stands

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9850/img2011091100032.jpg

Opinions are appreciated

H.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruins the lines of the car...don't do it!:thumbs:

To be honest, I kinda agree with Westy, always found the UK scoop to look like a bit of a Halfords 'stick on' job, as far as Supra bonnet scoops go, it would have to be a Do-Luck bonnet for me, it's a very Ferrari 550-esque scoop.

wont rust mate , but you will have to cut four holes in the bonnet to allow the scoop to drop into the fixing holes . if you have a dremmel it s not to hard to do , fiddly yes but isnt everything on the supra , dont forget to buy the sticky seal that goes around the scoop , helps fix it properly , all i did then was fill in the holes after it was fitted to stop any water getting in .

i did mine years ago and havnt had any problems

Aluminium does corrode though, I would imagine the holes would be well hidden so a coat of any special paint should do the trick.

But imho, I would leave well alone, as said they look out of place on a supra, either jspec or aftermarket ftw, they look like halfords stick on as already mentioned. BUT its your car so do whatever makes you happy, apart from painting the rims etc pink as I imagine that would look a bit gay.

R.