The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice for young driver

diggerrigby

Hi,

Just looking for any 'young' supra drivers out there, i'm 19 and got 1 yncb and i was wondering if anyone around my age has got a supra and if so who you insured with? Also i'm in the military and current stationed at RAF marham and wondering if you guys got to any events in the area?

cheers,

Mike

Hi,

Just looking for any 'young' supra drivers out there, i'm 19 and got 1 yncb and i was wondering if anyone around my age has got a supra and if so who you insured with? Also i'm in the military and current stationed at RAF marham and wondering if you guys got to any events in the area?

cheers,

Mike

You might want to talk to "staples230uk" as he'd based at Marham (with a supra) - I'm ex-marham, and now ex-supra!

Here I am! where abouts in marham are you mike I'm in TCS with ISTAR, you are more than welcome to come and have a look at mine. As with insurance do endless amounts of quotes I got my cheapest price through parkers compare, but money supermarket are coming in cheapest this year. Some people have multicar policies and had the supe as a second car, which works out a bit cheaper than a policy on its own. Shop around allways worth it in the end :)

ps. I was 27 when I bought mine so not too young sorry

Edited by staples230uk
forgot to put my age on :) (see edit history)

I was 19 when I bought my Supra. But 20 when I started driving it. Honestly, with the increases in premiums, it's going to be difficult. I was lucky to get my insurance last year at the price I did. They nearly doubled it the next year for no reason on my behalf.

(I'm coming on 22 now by the way)

I'm at 93sqn(bomb dump), yea that would be cool! Seen you driving around camp in your supra, i currently got a little 1.1 pug 106 but i always wanted a supra but the insurance is a killer, i paid 3k tpft when i started! (18 0ncb)

Cool yeah I know where 93 is. We have no power at the mo so we're not at work (lucky us). You in at all next week? Will take you for a spin around the ring road if you fancy it.

I just got a good deal with admiral, I've just turned 24 but they offered me the supra for 700 and my civic for 600 (multi car) before that I paid 1400 just for the supra and 700 on the civic as all my no claims were used on the supra (don't get me started on NCB it annoys the hell out of me).

your 24 with a single tubby :(, not fair.

Im 20 and i insure my 1994 jspec N/A with acorn i pay 2k fully comp. I tried elephant, admiral etc and on the compare sites they would insure me for about 1500 but when i phoned them up they then said they would not insure it because it was an import?

On a side note for a UK TT i would only be `1300...which makes no sense to me really.

Im 20 and i insure my 1994 jspec N/A with acorn i pay 2k fully comp. I tried elephant, admiral etc and on the compare sites they would insure me for about 1500 but when i phoned them up they then said they would not insure it because it was an import?

On a side note for a UK TT i would only be `1300...which makes no sense to me really.

UK TT's are the cheapest of the lot to insure because;

1. They were produced to the UK standards

2. They have a known history (unlike imports)

3. The number of crashes on a model affects the premium. There were only 600 UK TT's produced, so there were far less crashes which means premiums were kept low. Since there are supposedly thousands of imports in the country, there are far more crashes that happen, so the premiums are higher.