The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering wheel swap - before and after pics

ellis

Is the one he had a facelift wheel then? I thought it was pre-facelift as that's what I have in mine.

I thought the plain 3 spoke wheel was the facelift one.

No, it's usually the other way round but i suppose they could have been crossover years. Ie. cars with a bit of both depending what Mr T had to hand.

Incidentally - if you can find an airbag from a Rav4 or Corolla you can use that instead of a Lexus one. It's useful if you can cut the wiring plug off whichever car so you can solder it onto your original wiring.

Toyota sell an adapter plug (part number 09082-00760) so you don't need to cut the wiring.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I think that particular one came from an MR2. They are normally found on MR2s, Celicas and corollas as far as I know (There might be more). There are also IS200 wheels, which is what my other one is. The IS200 wheels come in different variants IIRC, the perforations can be different. The one I have (other wheel) is the exact same as a facelift wheel, the only difference is the airbag connector and the airbag badge are different. The difficult job is trying to get a mint one, I tried for ages on ebay and ended up sending 2 of them back, in the end I got this one from a forum member... I think it was Big Blue, and it was mint so I was happy :D

the stock supra 4 spoke facelift steering wheel looks same wheel as whats in my 96 toyota 2liter carina cdx.just been looking online for different model interchangeable parts.even between different carina cars there are parts that are different like brake wiring looms and wing mirrors dont fit.

Is the one he had a facelift wheel then? I thought it was pre-facelift as that's what I have in mine.

I thought the plain 3 spoke wheel was the facelift one.

The 3 spoke wheel is the non-airbag pre facelift wheel, UK specs have airbag 4 spoke wheel which also then went into the facelift models.