The mkiv Supra Owners Club

J-Spec odometer question

Style

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it is possible for an import company to change the numbers on the odometer to read the actual mileage of the car?

When I bought my car from the previous owner he said that it had been converted by the import company to the total mileage (69k). At the time I just presumed he was telling the truth but thinking about it, they're pretty hard to tamper with (if at all?) and probably not worth the hassle. So my odometer currently reads 69k and I'm unsure as to whether that is actually 69k miles or the 52,000km on the car when it came to the UK plus the 17k of miles on top of that, making the total mileage around 59k instead.

yes it can be done. if you look closely at the odometer it actually has km and mls in the led display. mine was done when it was supplied . just be carefull thought as if you change the speedo to read mph the odometer will start counting miles.

Yes...Jurgen had this done for me on my Supra when it was imported!:)

Odo reads all miles!:D

Never knew you could fiddle with odo's at all really, who knew! :D cheers guys!

yes it can be done. if you look closely at the odometer it actually has km and mls in the led display. mine was done when it was supplied . just be carefull thought as if you change the speedo to read mph the odometer will start counting miles.

I'm presuming thats in a pre-facelift model? I've got an analogue display below my speedo :)