The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Running rich after attempting wire tuck? Help!

FOSTA

Hi guys just after alittle help and advice again.

Ive tucked the loom wires on the drivers side behind the wing yesterday and when I've started the car up to see if everything is running ok it's running rich! starting off in the 11's then once warm 12's on the AFR.

I'm sure I pluged everything back up ok I've been over it again and it all looks fine the car sounds ok it just running rich!

I havnt had time to take it for a run or anything as it still needs put back together.

Could this be because I disconnected the battery? (I've disconnected the battery a few times before and this had never happened?)

Thanks for any advice ;)

Yeah normally when I cold start it, it is around the late 13's and with in around 30seconds it's at the 14's witch it why I got abit worried when I saw its in the 11's then once warm it's in the 12's.

If after around 40mins of driving it's still the same what could it be?

Dose the wiring loom on the drivers side have anything to do with the engine or it's it just for the headlights ect?

Cheers Jonny :)

Do a check for any error codes as well..

I will do a quick check tomorrow to see if there is any codes mate.

It was abit of a pain to do but there wasn't much to de-plug and re-plug really that's why I'm ibit confused as there is nothing to check over really lol apart from disconnecting the plugs from the fuse box in the foot well there was only 4 outher things to disconnect (brake servo, wiper motor, abs/trac relays, and drivers headlight ! oh! and a ground witch I relocated and checked to see if it had a good earth which it did. Only thing I can think of if it's still playing up after I take it for a drive is I must of snapped or broke a wire when relocating the loom! :( hopfully it's not that.

What are the wires for in the driver side loom? I know headlights, abs relay, brake servo , and wiper motor but what else and is there any engine related wires in there?

Cheers :)

Do a check for any error codes as well..

Ok mate I done a fault code check today and there are no codes.

I tried disconnecting the battery to reset the ecu but it's still the same.

Only thing I can do is wait until I get it back together then take it for a drive to see how it goes! If its still running rich then I think I might have to get a new loom as I might of snapped a wire pulling at the loom when relocating it behind the wing :( hopfully it's not that