The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1jz to be

Guest reepers13

Guest reepers13

Hi all

Hopefully getting a soarer with r154 already done in decent spec

Gonna be used for drifting but I've heard that mk4 supras have interchangeable parts with soarer?

Nice forum and hope to be able to receive some good advice.

I'm a Nissan guy making the move over to the dark side :D

People do swap the R154 into supra's, the 1jz engine swap is also a conversion that's been done a fair few times. There is actually a build thread at the moment with a 1jz being put into a mkiv, Welshbuddy has just got his 1jz running. Both swaps do require a bit of tinkering.

I've seen spoilers from a supra on a soarer and I think it looks mint. Apart from that, I don't think there is anything that's a straight swap, though they would be the main thing's you would be interested in swapping (bar the spoiler :p)

EDIT: 1jz build - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?259336-Welshbuddy-s-Supra-Build-Engine-Conversion-with-videos&p=3311122&highlight=welshbuddy#post3311122

Guest reepers13

I've put a deposit in a jzz30 already with nice bits and r154 done ;)

Apparently, coilovers, lower arms and possibly seat rails are the same as the mk4 tt - not sure about he n/a though?

I want a short shift but only one I've seen is in the US and stupid money :(

Front suspension arms are interchangeable. The front crossmembers are actually the same part numbers.

If you want to use Supra rear suspension arms I believe you need to use the Supra subframe.

I reckon most suppliiers probably give you their Supra coilovers for a Soarer :). The standard suspension will swap, but you must keep the matching dampers and springs. I didn't measure the before and after, but my Soarer on Supra suspension seems to be lower at the rear and about the same at the front.

Supra brakes and wheels fit.

I think Supra seats fit.

There are a lot of common parts because the Supra is an Aristo engine in a Soarer chassis. :)

Edited by garethr (see edit history)

Guest reepers13

Very helpful thanks

Also I'm considering an emangage for 450-500bhp

The blue seems cheap with map sensor maybe an option. But the ultimate is not much more with a universal harness - would that work?

Does it make any difference that the cr has a manual sard ecu aswell

Guest TheCaptain69

Welcome to you mate im a fellow sponge :p looking for bits to fit my Soarer but the JZZ30 and JZA80 shares most mechanical parts the brakes front and rear are a nice upgrade i sorted a few months back :)

Guest reepers13

Yes it's manual r154

Spec;

Safc

Avcr

Trd 2way

Blitz filter

Blitz bov

Fmic

Decat system

Set to .9bar

That's the spec engine wise - I will be going op mount eventually but am debating whether it's worth having it mapped currently for safety. I will add a walbro 255 straight away but I just don't know if it's worth the map for this setup, can I run any more boost as is with stock twins?

Emangage blues are cheap and ultimate I can get for £500 with universal harness but do I need anything more for mapping?

Will the blue or ultimate run safely at 450-500 with supporting mods?

Edited by reepers13 (see edit history)

Guest TheCaptain69

From what i hear the standard twins wont run the 450bhp so that would have to be single, if you wanted to aim for that then you wouldnt really consider using the emanage anyways.

When i used a utimate in the past i just needed the unit, harness and the map sensor. Then just get someone to map it.

If the one your looking at already has the avcr and safc then i would imagine its been setup with that lot though.

This the soarer in Bristol right?

Guest reepers13

Yes the one in Bristol - you know of it?

Yer I know plans were this;

Hx35

550's or 650's

Emangage ultimate (I've found a plug and play harness in US)

Stg4 comp clutch

Walbro 255

That added to the current spec above - would I see 450+?

Obviously the safc would be ditched but avcr stay.

It's not been mapped on current setup - set to .9bar

Guest TheCaptain69

Yeah guy doesn't live too far from, me i met him recently as im breaking my other Soarer he needed some bits for the new one he's bought.

First time i saw it i was like that is sooo cool, i know he has put alot of graft into getting it sorted and its been round the ring with no problems nice motor :)

What i hear the 550's should cover 450bhp but the supra ones are low imp so need to run resistors to sort that and i think those holset turbo max at around 450-500bhp from what i hear though a very reliable and very quick spooling turbo.

Im sure you would get the hp you want with that single and a proper mapping session :)

Guest reepers13
Yeah guy doesn't live too far from, me i met him recently as im breaking my other Soarer he needed some bits for the new one he's bought.

First time i saw it i was like that is sooo cool, i know he has put alot of graft into getting it sorted and its been round the ring with no problems nice motor :)

What i hear the 550's should cover 450bhp but the supra ones are low imp so need to run resistors to sort that and i think those holset turbo max at around 450-500bhp from what i hear though a very reliable and very quick spooling turbo.

Im sure you would get the hp you want with that single and a proper mapping session :)

yer nice paint job is first on the cards :D

your not dec are you?