The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bulbs for a NA

Graham1984

Sorry to be a pain in the arse but are these the right bulb codes for a 94 NA http://www.powerbulbs.com/vehicles/cars/uk-ireland/toyota/supra/1993-1998/car-headlight-bulbs

The reason I ask is that most people have only mentioned the UK spec or RZ models and not NA so rather than be a helmet and order the wrong bulbs I thought I would ask people way more clever than me and get some bulbs that are brighter and hopefully pointing in the right direction as my dipped beams are dull and somewhat turd.

Seams I have a nice collection to get my mate to sort this weekend, Gearshift bushes, Check sub frame bolts, Tracking, Check my lights are somewhat facing the right way...... Might have to find some other things to get done while it is there so any non turbo suggestions are welcome.

I thought the Hid's were going to cause problems for MOT's in the future without auto levellers and washers??? Thanks for your help about the bulbs Abz..... either that or maybe you are telling me porkies after comparing you in a drag race to Penelope pitstop and Stephen hawkins :D

Possibly... But we discussed this on another thread which I am surprised you didn't read!

I got 4300K on mine, it is the whitest you can get & has the most slightly tint of Blue, looks very OEM.

Though if you are after bulbs, I can't help my friend :)

Really what thread was that???? Will have to have a look at the HID kits then from whifbitzs or somewhere. If I remember right I need two wiring looms as well or something???

Nope they plug straight into the existing wiring headlight plug, very easy to fit.

I can't remember the dudes name but Noz/Darret sorted out a GB on the forum, he does the slim ballasts for £50 inc delivery & I think a 2 year warranty. Build quality is good & a huge advantage over the halogens which I found to be quite dangerous at times!

Possibly... But we discussed this on another thread which I am surprised you didn't read!

I got 4300K on mine, it is the whitest you can get & has the most slightly tint of Blue, looks very OEM.

Whitest if you're colour blind maybe :p

4300 are yellow, 6000k are White. 4300 put out more lumens though but not that makes any odds to actual visibility gains. After 8k is where you will notice the difference on dark roads but even 10000ks are still better than normal bulbs(although they look silly IMO).

The ones i sold you (if these are the ones you are talking about) are 6000k

All the 6000k kits I've bought has a slight blue tint to them. I bought my dad's TVR a set of 4300k and they look white.

I haven't had a clear white set of 6000k yet, I actually intended on the tint when I ordered them.

4300k are rated as yellow, but you'd be best to order this frequency if you want white IMO as you will hardly see any difference and will be sure you won't get any blue tint.

Whitest if you're colour blind maybe :p

4300 are yellow, 6000k are White. 4300 put out more lumens though but not that makes any odds to actual visibility gains. After 8k is where you will notice the difference on dark roads but even 10000ks are still better than normal bulbs(although they look silly IMO).

I wouldn't say 6000k are White, I have had quite a few sets over the years & they all have an obvious blue tint on them. The output to be honest doesn't make a huge difference, it is barely noticeable.

The ones i sold you (if these are the ones you are talking about) are 6000k

Nah bud, I gave them away to the chap who collected my facelift lights. I ordered another set & this time went for 4300k. I spoke to the guy selling them & even he recommended the 4300k on a White Supra. I'll try taking a photo tonight but the camera doesn't pick it up much.

All the 6000k kits I've bought has a slight blue tint to them. I bought my dad's TVR a set of 4300k and they look white.

I haven't had a clear white set of 6000k yet, I actually intended on the tint when I ordered them.

4300k are rated as yellow, but you'd be best to order this frequency if you want white IMO as you will hardly see any difference and will be sure you won't get any blue tint.

Hold up a sheet of White A4 and you will see just how yellow 4300s actually are. It's not really noticeable until you have a comparison.... Like say bright White cold cathode angel eyes lol. I stuck in 4300s and they looked horrible next to the angel eyes so I went back to 6000k as they are just as White. There is a hint of blue looking at the light itself but that's scatter, the light shining is bright White, ie on the garage wall.

I wouldn't say 6000k are White, I have had quite a few sets over the years & they all have an obvious blue tint on them. The output to be honest doesn't make a huge difference, it is barely noticeable.

Nah bud, I gave them away to the chap who collected my facelift lights. I ordered another set & this time went for 4300k. I spoke to the guy selling them & even he recommended the 4300k on a White Supra. I'll try taking a photo tonight but the camera doesn't pick it up much.

Wanna bet? :innocent:

6000k do not look white, but the frequency is rated as white.

I wouldn't go up against ScottM anyday of the week lol you'd have more chance taking him on down the strip ;)

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/hid-xenon/colour-chart.php

Mine do. Don't take those charts as gospel as there are loads of different ones with loads of different views on it.

Scott yearns for a debate and seeing as it is Monday he has a fresh tally to start filling up.

I debated it years ago, not long after that I took some pictures and posted them to end the debate. The only debate left is whether I lied or whether my bulbs are special. :D

I'll dig the thread up in a bit.

Mine are 6000k, we'll get the cars side by side at the next meet and make a comparison.

Wanna bet? :innocent:

Bring it on!! :D

Here is a comparison of he OEM bulb against the 4300K, the phone camera doesn't pick it up the best but you can see the most SLIGHTEST tint of Blue.

And here it is again, against a car park wall, as I mentioned the phone camera gives you a rough idea.

6000k do not look white, but the frequency is rated as white.

I wouldn't go up against ScottM anyday of the week lol you'd have more chance taking him on down the strip ;)

http://www.delonixradar.com.au/hid-xenon/colour-chart.php

I'll take him at the Drag Strip ;)

Mine are 6000k, we'll get the cars side by side at the next meet and make a comparison.

We should do that :)

Bring it on!! :D

Here is a comparison of he OEM bulb against the 4300K, the phone camera doesn't pick it up the best but you can see the most SLIGHTEST tint of Blue.

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b465/Abz1324/77f4a3e0.jpg

And here it is again, against a car park wall, as I mentioned the phone camera gives you a rough idea.

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/b465/Abz1324/9e782a36.jpg

I'll take him at the Drag Strip ;)

We should do that :)

Your 4300s are more blue than my 6000k bulbs bud, something very wrong there ;)