The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Metal Top Rad hose NA Engine

ripped_fear

Afternoon all, I have been looking for a new top rad hose for my NA for a while now, preferably I wanted a metal one but these seem impossible to source.

Then I stumbled on this picture, now I know its not a supra, it is in fact a lexus, but it is a 2JZ GE so would the top rad hoses be the same? Not sure if the length will be different or not but amusing they are the same length has anyone ever found a place to purchase such item, as the best I can find is the Wifbitz silicone ones and like I say I was hoping to find a metal one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=145740&stc=1&d=1328456876

Any help much appreciated.

Jake

to_LV_lexus_goes_10_.JPG

Rad hose on a supra is on the right hand side of the engine so doubt that would work...

Not on the NA.

It's on the left on an N/A buddy!

Only way I can think you would get one, would be to have it made. however if that car is on a forum, maybe Pm the owner and ask where they got it?

Yeah custom is an option and im going to an auto shop soon to get a quote on a few bits so i will ask then, just though if someone had seen them online for sale I would give them a go. Im sure that car is on a forum somwhere but no idea what one, just stumbled on the pic so didnt get any usefull info with it.

Cheapest way to do it, would be to buy some bits of aluminium pipe in the right diameter(eBay). 34mm ID I think?! Then cut 'em to fit yourself and have a local company weld them up and maybe sand and polish :)

Yeah thanks that could be the cheapest way of doing it, I will see what they quote for it along with the other bits first, and if the price if too high I will look into that option.

• 2 years later...