The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi chaps, new member from NZ here :)

Mr Ree

Hi everyone,

After years of being a Supra owner, Ive finally signed up to this forum. Im not exactly sure why I didnt join earlier, as I use the US and OZ supraforums alot, but I can say one thing with certainty, Im sure looking forward to reading some new info, and also, reading posts that are spelled correctly haha.

I own a 1996.8, series 2, SZ, JZA80, 5spd. I quickly went NA-T and have been slowly building every area of the car ever since. At the current boost level, it puts down circa 415rwhp/310rwkw, and has alot left on the table. It pretty much doesnt get driven apart from to and from the track, and Im more concerned with learning to make the most of the cars handling before I squeeze anymore power out of it.

I will start a build thread at some stage, but first I want to have a good look around and meet all the locals.

Cheers all :)

Reith

Hi and welcome mate.

There are quite a few members on here who have gone NA-T recently and alot more wanting to do it so your advice would always be appreciated, for me though i'm always going to stay NA :D

Looking forward to the pics.

Hi Neil, Good to hear people are starting to see the benefits of the conversion. While I wouldnt advise it for anyone who needs to pay others to do the work, for people who can weild a spanner competantly, its a great option if you have already owned your supra for years and have poured so much time, money, and skinned knuckes into it than the emotional investment is too great to sell up and buy a TT

Hi Reith and welcome. Where abouts in NZ aer you? and get some pics. up.

Hi mate, I live in the capital city, Wellington. Population-7. That includes myself, my car and the 5 sheep

Welcome :)

Thanks Rob :)

Welcome to the club Reith. Nice to have some members from Middle Earth are you near Mordor? :D:p Also look forward to the pics Paul Whiffin on here has set up a time attack supra with crazy power he might be the man to talk to ragarding handling info.

Thanks Tony :) Yep, very close to morder, infact its a 5 minute walk around the corner from my cave. Since signing on here, I have been lurking alot, and have spent time in Pauls subforum. Lots of nice bits and pieces in there, thats for sure. I look forward to seeing his TA car, and its great to see that there are some people seeing the cars potential as a track car. Sure theyre fat, but its nothing that some wide tyres and big brakes cant compensate for. I love hitting the track and treating the car how it was built to be treated.

Hey Welcome :D Hope You Find Loads Of Good Advice and Tips :D

Hi Nicko, Im sure I will. Thanks for the welcome.

Also, can anyone please tell me, incase I ruffle any feathers...is there any format to use for build threads on this forum? and are there any photo limits etc? I just want to ensure I do it right the first time.

Thanks guys :)

Haha you could be right, although I think its a pandemic sweeping the globes car forums, especially with the short attention spans of the FB generation wanting everything put on a plate in front of them.

And why?...."Because they deserve it" ;)

I think its a case of the OG's growing tired of the same old questions, day in day out, and as you touched on, very little quality content.

Thats and the fact that any man and his dog can now afford to buy an NA/auto, drive like an idiot, and bring the cars prestige into disrepute.

The lack of builds is more than likely due to the fact that the age of ownership of these cars is slowly dropping, and thus, alot of new owners are more concerned about installing a big audio system, or some chinese HIDS to "mod" their ride.

Not like the builds of old.

Yeah.. bloody kids! :p Completely agree with the growth of NA ownership and the correlation with poor maintenance, poor driving behaviour, and increased Police scrutiny of everyone driving a Supra. Strangely enough, neither me nor my friends with highly modified cars ever got pulled over because no-one hung out "cruzin' for chicks".

Welcome to the club! Good to see some pics and I'll await your project tread! :D

Cheers pal :)

Can you tell me what the story is in regards to project threads, and attachments? Ive noticed most pics on this forum are small thumbnails? Can I link to an external server like image shack?

Thanks

Cheers pal :)

Can you tell me what the story is in regards to project threads, and attachments? Ive noticed most pics on this forum are small thumbnails? Can I link to an external server like image shack?

Thanks

Hi, welcome and yes, you can enter the URL when you click on the 'Insert Image' icon or browse the computer for the photo but there's a size limit. Also, depending on the source, you can simply copy and paste photos straight into the post window. I say depending, as some are copy protected, of course. I'm sure a Moderator will correct me if it's not allowed or otherwise inadvisable.

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)