The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto to Manual Conversion price.

skyline1

Ok im sure its been asked before i really want to know what will be needed and a price guide on the full conversion.

list of all the parts needed and rough prices.

i havnt got a supra (yet) as still rolling in the skyline untill its sold. just seems most of the good supra's that come up for sale are Auto's and i dont really want a auto, im old school and its got to be manual unless its cost efficient to buy a auto.

Thanks in advance.:D

i cant do anything at the minuite till ive sold the skyline. not decided fully if i want a big bad ass single turbo or the twin turbo set up just not keen on auto boxes... i see it as they take the fun away....dont take that the wrong way guys its just auto aint for me.

I could take you out in my auto TT if you haven't been in one (as I'm local), I was very surprised with how good the autobox was when I drove one for the first time :)

If not, I've attached the list I found of what is needed :thumbs:

Cheers mate, just looed through your pictures too and the car looks real nice : ), where are you , im huthwaite way. you can see the skyline too lol...not running big power anymore as removed all the good bits and sold them.

Cheers mate, just looed through your pictures too and the car looks real nice : ), where are you , im huthwaite way. you can see the skyline too lol...not running big power anymore as removed all the good bits and sold them.

Cheers mate :D

I'm in Mansfield so not far at all really lol, I'll let the snow pass and the weather to improve and can take you out in it :thumbs:

ideally i want about 500bhp so can a 5 speed box take that power? im open minded as of yet, from what i can gather the BPU is the one to go for with a good twin or single set up. anyone correct me?

5 speed reliably will not take that, although some box's have most wouldn't so best to be safe as you would be on the limit.

BPU is on stock twins mate, not a single tubby, if you click on

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?94705-BPU-(Basic-Performance-Upgrade)

it will give you all the info you need for BPU. :)

ideally i want about 500bhp so can a 5 speed box take that power? im open minded as of yet, from what i can gather the BPU is the one to go for with a good twin or single set up. anyone correct me?

Just read that, will point out that with the right supporting mods the autobox can take that power, have a look at Rob's (mitchell9006) build as he is running the stock autobox and is wanting 550 with 2 coolers I think.