The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T Am i missing the point ?

Toytown

Hi all,

Maybe this should have gone in "technical", mods please move it if it shouldn't be here :littled:

Right, NA-T conversions !

I have read everything I can & from what I can see, most of them try to get more bhp from a NA than a standard TT J spec would give ???

What about a sort of halfway job, to protect the engine, but giving that bit of kick-A$$ ???

I am probably missing a crucial factor here, but would this work ......

Just a standard single turbo from any reasonable sized engine (MK3T ?)

Exhaust manifold made by an engineering company

Pipework to suit

Intercooler from above

Am i completely off track, or would this punch a MK4 NA up to 260 or 270 running lowish boost ?

I'm sure the wastegate could be adjusted to lower the available boost & if the conversions are pushing 300+ without lowering the cylinder compression, surely the engine would stand it ???

Tell me I am mad :twak:

I Have looked at this aswell the total costing for the kits is 4k+ , which of course is cheaper to buy a tt engine and do a transfer .

I was thinking about a mk3 turbo engine but they dont seem to produce much power and all have high miles ..

Out of you list you need a different headgasket to lower the compression ratio also a ecu and a few other bits .

Hi m8,

i wondered about an ECU but none of the kits seem to list one (unless I missed it).

Transplanting a 3.0T from a mk3 as a whole would be pointless, they only develop a bit more than the NA mk4 & are unreliable (been there, HG probs).

BUT .. theres a lot of old mk3's with HG problems but no doubt a perfectly serviceable turbo.

Anybody else got ideas ??

my mate is always making home made bits. he made a non turbo sierra into a turbo car with home made manifold and a t25 cossie turbo i think it was. got it all running. but he blew it up sometime down the line. now he bought a 200sx turbo and has since made a home brew turbo for that, he stuck the cossie turbo on his 200sx.

he also made an exhaust out of a bus shock or something and it was loud, he got pulled by police and got told to get it sorted hehehe

look on supra forums in usa for more info on supra N/A turbo

there is someone called dave who has done great things with a N/A turbo

what 60 foots you been getting?