The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any ideas? removed dumpvalve and now blocked up but

Supra N_A

just removed my hks ssqv there, so I used the OEM rubber pipes to put back on minus the stock dumpvalve and blocked the ends up with 19mm blanking plugs and then the 1 vaccum line just blocked that off as well... now i thought it would make the "fluttering" sound but now its like I am running the oem dumpvalve but i have blocked it off instead :blink:

now is this becouse I am running standard boost? stock smic? not set up properly but cant see what is wrong?

any ideas??

Edited by Supra N_A (see edit history)

Ive always thought that the 'fluttering sound was compressor stall, ( Might be wrong ) and that you can normaly hear it better with an aftermarket induction kit/filter, didin't think the bov made any difference.

I run a ssqv on mine, and still get the flutter noise when i back off, normally when you back off before you build up enough boost to set off the bov.

yea it is compressor stall but i thought with the after market bov in place it will make the psssh sound and with it removed it flutters.

If you have the stock air filter and are running stock boost I doubt you'll hear anything, even with an induction kit and higher boost you still may not due to all the sequential intake piping.

If you have the stock air filter and are running stock boost I doubt you'll hear anything, even with an induction kit and higher boost you still may not due to all the sequential intake piping.

ah right... surly when bpu is installed with a fmic it will have to flutter?? I need it to flutter lol!!

Is this for real? Seriously am I actually reading this?

What does a FMIC have to do with flutter :blink:

yes you are reading this for real.. are you for real?

think I am just comparing things to my starlet all the time as I owned them for ages... when fitted a fmic to the starlet it fluttered alot more than when it had the tmic installed! so thinking the same with the supra but suppose not?

now that is..... tasty!!

but again I hear the tiptronic box cant take more than 400+ :(

well back on topic surley you have to get a bpu 400 bhp supra to flutter ?

the auto box can take IIRC approx 450bhp then you have to either upgrade to manual or invest in a more powerful auto box.

What's the actual benefit of getting it to "flutter" apart from the noise? I used to love the sound of the "flutter" but I personally think it suits certain cars, that's why a lot of S bodies have this.

If only you could buy a single turbo kit that came with 100% you need. Intercooler and ECU and fitting.... I spose you can probably get kits with all the components if you spend enough.

Whifbitz do a kit for the N/A but you get what you pay for and all that jazz

I have seriously bad flutter. It's not something you want. My turbo will probably wear out quicker. Stock TT turbo's will probably set you back a nice sum.

There's debate as to whether compressor stall is bad for them or not. Should be ok, plus a second hand set of J-specs will only set you back £200 or so.

Edited by Josh (see edit history)