The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of your diffuser

AJI

I'm thinking of getting a diffuser on my Supra, mainly for cosmetic reasons but also to gain a small amount of stability at the higher speeds.

I am guessing there will be a wide range of choices on the market, some probably don't add anything to stability and some probably look horrid, but on the otherhand I have seen some diffusers that make the rear end of the Supra look purposeful and up to date.

Could I ask for members to post up some images of their chosen diffusers so I can see what the various designs look like?

Cheers.

Both pics so far look like good examples.

Are they easy enough to fit? I'm guessing a few brackets to be installed and then it simply bolts in to place? (Wondering if it can be something I could install myself).

I'm leaning more towards the style that Blackie has, but is one available that would fit a stock uk-spec rear end with rear spats?

DoLuck one will fit stick rear with spats.

Blackies is a Trial rear bumper and would require fitting, painting etc.

The Shine diffuser is 4 brackets and sone self tapping screws, but would requir removal of the spats to fit properly...in saying that thought the spats could be refitted over the end pieces if you really wanted.

Shine one is my choice all day long!:)

Are they easy enough to fit? I'm guessing a few brackets to be installed and then it simply bolts in to place? (Wondering if it can be something I could install myself).

I'm leaning more towards the style that Blackie has, but is one available that would fit a stock uk-spec rear end with rear spats?

Was just going to ask the same :)

I fitted my AutoShine recently and I have rear Spats with extended overfenders

It was a total pain to fit, but I did it with car still on the floor which didn't help and had to chop up the Carbon side pods, plus I am a perfectionist to a stupid level

Some pics towards the end of my thread here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?244206-My-Widebody-Trd-how-it-was-done-by-ShellShocked-UPDATED-With-New-Pics-04-12-2011

I will post a pic here when I get home

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Mine had to be blended as it was an aweful fit (I think alot are a bad fit) but it worked out okay in the end

Your car really does look superb, Blackie. :thumbs:

How close is the exhaust tip to the diffuser there, as it seems within melting range to me?

Prob just the angle of the piture Drew, Its been like it for a couple of years now with no problems :)