The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a bad time to put the Supra back on the road

Eddie-S

I took my car off the road at the end of October (something I said I wouldn't do) as the tax was up and I was thinking of the snow we had last year. I bought a little run around that has saved me hundreds of pounds in fuel, but the winter hasn't been bad so far, so I've sold the 106 and the Supra's back on the road tomorrow and I can't wait.....

but have I made the wrong decision?

lol im in the same boat, I thought winter was going to be hell so I put her away end of September. We have really bad weather in the north its crap !!. Im going to wait abit longer I think only because I dont have a garage and it took me ages to wrap her up, if she was just in the garage she maybe out. Alot of people are taking them out now but most are down south and it seems better weather there.

I've still got my trusty transporter if the weathers too bad. Just didn't like to keep looking at the car in the garage and not driving it. I know what you mean about having a run around and saving on fuel, but I've decided that I'd rather drive the Supra cos all the time you're in the run around you're wishing you were in the Supra.

Just seen the weather for the next few days and the weekend, I've jinxed it and the snows on its way!

Its getting colder, and no doubt more grit will be going down on the road as a result, so to answer your question, yes :)

Definitely agree about colder weather on the way, as here in Hertfordshire there have only been about 3 or 4 frosty weekday mornings so far. February is usually coldest anyway and this year the really freezing weather has presumably come at it's normal time. Last year was late November snow which stayed on the ground for a month or more. I had to burn rubber to even get the Supra out of the garage and once out, it got stuck without smoking the tyres again. The rear tyres are Run-Flat though, so way too hard a compound and totally wrong tread pattern.

My windscreen was frosted up inside this evening at work and my Weather Channel iPhone App' says it will possibly snow on Sunday and Monday.

I've heard estimates of a record freeze this year like last but we'll see. My Dad remembers it snowing in June or July back in about 1964, so anything could happen.

Like yourself Eddie-S, I bought another more winter friendly vehicle but so far it's just costing me more money.

It would be helpful to know what the best winter tyres are for the Supra, anyone?