The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clifford concept problem!!

Paul R

Hi,

I cant arm the turbo timer on my clifford concept 300 alarm! which means that the intellistart remote starter wont start the engine - I just get 1 flash of the lights and it wont start.

I've been told that when I stop the car, I hold down the lock/unlock button and then press the '*' button. But nothing happens?

If I just press the '*' button, the lights come on the dash, but the car doesnt turn off, so I think that this is the other feature to leave your car running for upto 30 mins???

This is driving me nuts now!

Heeeeeelp!!

Paul.

Im having exaclty the same problem with my Intelliguard 950 + intellistart, but havent had a chance to contact installer as yet (not enough hours in the day lol).

Ive read elsewhere (as you stated too!) that you need to press 2 buttons whilst the car (strangely there is no mention of this in the user manual/booklet!!) is still running and foot off the brake, the time before you use it (e.g. the night before assuming you want to use it in the morning?) but it does exactly the same as yours (i.e he lights flash).

Ive just tried this again, and once you press the two buttons and when you take the key out, the turbo timer doesnt start, and the engine keeps running, making it a PITA to turn off (i.e. how can you stop the car if the key is out and the turbo timer refuses to count down? hehe).

There is a click (relay probably) when I do the above actions with the buttons, and the lights on the dash flash, but when I get out, arm the alarm, leave it for a bit, the try to start the car remotely by pressing "*" the indicator lights simply flash and nothing else.

Ill bell them on Monday and see what I can find out, though Id be interested if anyone else has any ideas too beforehand! Its probably something were not doing!

Definately mate.

I bought the car of of a chap yesterday. He demonstrated it to me and the turbo timer switched the car off and a press of the '*' button started her back up again!!

He said that you just press lock/unlock, followed by '*'. Definately doesnt work for me though!

If you find out anything, can you let me know?

Cheers,

Paul.

Do you have the 4 button remote? The one with star/lock-unlock/lights/boot open.

With my intellistart i need to press the light and boot open buttons with the engine running, this will flash the indicators twice. I can then get out the car and when i arm the alarm the doors lock and engine will stop. By pressing the star button i will get 2 indicator flashes and the engine will start.

Might be worth trying this.

Originally posted by Wipeout

Do you have the 4 button remote? The one with star/lock-unlock/lights/boot open.

With my intellistart i need to press the light and boot open buttons with the engine running, this will flash the indicators twice. I can then get out the car and when i arm the alarm the doors lock and engine will stop. By pressing the star button i will get 2 indicator flashes and the engine will start.

Might be worth trying this.

Cheers mate,

Thats it. Remote starting, here I come!

I take it you dont have a turbo timer then? Mine keeps running for 30 seconds or so then stops.

Cheers,

Paul.

Originally posted by Wipeout

No i don't have the turbo timer function. It shuts the engine off when i arm the alarm. Might have to look at getting it fitted as it's easier than waiting next to the car to arm it, i could let the alarm do it.

HTH

:thumbs:

It's the best alarm with the best features that I've ever had!

I believe the turbo timer is 150 quid to add on???

Cheers,

Paul.

So how do you set the time for the turbo timer? Mine just keeps going till i manually turn it off, so annoying, i might as well just sit in the car and leave it running!!

I got a concept 600 btw!!

I asked my local clifford dealer and they looked at it and said it all needed ripped out and fitted again proper and was gonna charge loads for the privilage!!

:eek:

Originally posted by Graham S

So how do you set the time for the turbo timer? Mine just keeps going till i manually turn it off, so annoying, i might as well just sit in the car and leave it running!!

I got a concept 600 btw!!

I asked my local clifford dealer and they looked at it and said it all needed ripped out and fitted again proper and was gonna charge loads for the privilage!!

:eek:

it goes on for 30 mins then shuts itself off. dont know if you can go into settings with pc kit and make it lower. i normally put it in remote start then go in house take shoes off then turn remote start off.

it does zap batteries but they only £1 each

have fun scaring old people with remote start

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

it goes on for 30 mins then shuts itself off. dont know if you can go into settings with pc kit and make it lower. i normally put it in remote start then go in house take shoes off then turn remote start off.

it does zap batteries but they only £1 each

have fun scaring old people with remote start

If it runs for 30 mins, then you havent got a Turbo Timer. Thats just one of the features of the alarm, so you can get out of the car and leave it running.

My turbo timer comes on (if it needs to) for around 30 seconds usually. Then shuts itself off! So you can get out the car, arm the alarm and bugger off - it sorts itself out!

Paul.

Alrite mate

Sussed it then. When I had the car, it used to scare the bejesus out of people.

I even convinced one of our receptionists that it drove itself too!!!

She once went to the bathroom and I nipped outside, turned it round and she thought it had done it itself ready for the journey home! PRICELESS!!

Glad its all sorted!!

That Supra is a thristy bugger!!

Enjoying it though!!

Cheers

J4CK50N