The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ideas for my build

sim1987

hi all been thinking about idea's for my build when i start it and having some trouble deciding on the body work, I would realy like to do a full carbon fiber car if possible with some power to go with it (about 400-500 bhp), so far i have found a few places that do the hood's, front wing's , roof panel ,boot lid and door's ect. But i can't find anywhere that does bumpes and skirts if anyone can help would be much appreciated. thanks

Guest Rsand85
hi all been thinking about idea's for my build when i start it and having some trouble deciding on the body work, I would realy like to do a full carbon fiber car if possible with some power to go with it (about 400-500 bhp), so far i have found a few places that do the hood's, front wing's , roof panel ,boot lid and door's ect. But i can't find anywhere that does bumpes and skirts if anyone can help would be much appreciated. thanks

the company i work for have a carbon division they bought over last year. Separate company but same owners and management they have a part of the workshop with us make fairings for super bikes mostly neat to see it done.I asked them about doing panels for my supra bumpers and a dash ect but way to expensive man.To make a mould for one item and then the item itself.vs bumper was £1500 dash £1800 Trial rear was £2k+ something!! i switched off at that point as they thought this was cheap!! heres a page with some of there stuff but you will need an endless pit of money!!

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311168

It would be more effective fitting a lighter engine IMO if you're thinking about spending big, an alloy V8 will save you over 100kg! It will also sit lower in the shell and further back. I'd go for a Chevy LS as 500hp will be easily possible keeping it NA, a Toyota V8 would be an easier fit but you'd need to fit a heavy turbo kit or supercharger to see 500hp (unless you spend a fortune developing NA mods for it)

money is no object here as i planning on taking my time with it so i get it perfect, as for the engine, im defonetly keeping it as a 2jz was thinking along the lines of a brian crowler stroked motor (3.4) but am still compiling a list of parts so that can wait. if i can get the carbon part's don't think weight will be an issue as the carbon on it's own will shed enough weight along with what ever else i decide to remove.will defo check Nur Motorsport and see if they can help, thanks for the comment's and help again.

• 2 weeks later...
if money is not an issue i can get you prices or give you contact details for the boys that make the parts sure they be happy to help out.cheers

Yeh if you could get me rough prices for things like bumpers front and rear agreat cheers

nd side skirts that would be

What weight are you aiming for?

Are you also going to replace the side and rear glass?

Light weight wheels?

SteveL made a dash out of a single piece of cf sheet. That could always be an option?

Don,t have weight aim but was aiming to replace as much as i can with cf and and get the rear and side windows from whifbitz light wheels could be an option but at the moment im sorting things out for the tt conversion.

Guest Rsand85
Yeh if you could get me rough prices for things like bumpers front and rear agreat cheers

nd side skirts that would be

no prob mate i will spear the guy on monday and get him to give me an idea of costs they do all the carbon fibre for this crowd to http://www.merdadcollection.com/index.html dont look at the price list though it will just make you cry!!

Why go down the stroker route if you're only aiming for 400-500bhp? Pretty penny getting the bc kit up and running

like every good build i have to have a starting point 400-500 bhp will be a good start but like everyone else you always want more in the end stroking out the engine will help at a later date when i go power crazy :eyebrows:.

as for the breaking of a full cf body supra jamie it all depends on how much penny's i have at the time ;)