The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what coilovers to get? £600-£800 budget... best place to buy BCs from?

Supra N_A

well since new wheels are fitted it is now crying out to be lowered LOL! looking at spending £600 to £800 ideally 600 so can use the rest for the set up of the suspension I have been looking at BC racing coilovers which i hear are great.. any other suggestions before i order?

who else runs BC coilovers?

Edited by Supra N_A (see edit history)

I run BC racing coilovers on mine and i love them,so easy to set up and are a great ride on soft setting for the roads, i would recommend getting a set mate

which type are you running mate?? the BR series?? also what set up did you go for when you got them set up correctly??

I do hear really good things about them tbh..

If your interested I have a friend with a set of these for sale for £300, second hand but in excellent working condition :) If your interested I can give you his number, he's a forum member :)

dont normally like buying second hand parts specially coilovers but can by all means can see what there like etc... yea send me his deets ?

I wouldn't recommend BCs with your budget being what it is. I would go with HSDs or Meister Rs. The BCs aren't as good in general.

I have to disagree with that completly scott as i love my BC coilovers and think they great on the supra, i havent driven a supra with different coilovers but from own experiance think they are very good set of coilovers

which type are you running mate?? the BR series?? also what set up did you go for when you got them set up correctly??

I do hear really good things about them tbh..

I know have got the racing series BC's and i got the geometry set up when got new wheels at a local motorsport garage and they have set them up a treat, car is very pradicatble when driving hard and when does step out it easy to bring back under controll. am sorry for bad spelling am tired

I have to disagree with that completly scott as i love my BC coilovers and think they great on the supra, i havent driven a supra with different coilovers but from own experiance think they are very good set of coilovers

A lot of people suggest what they have is fantastic though. I've tried BCs, Megan Racing, TRD, Stock, HSDs, Tein SS. The only ones I haven't tried that I do recommend are Meister R, but that's only based on public opinion and the fact that they are virtually identical to HSDs.

Not having tried any others says it all for me.

I know have got the racing series BC's and i got the geometry set up when got new wheels at a local motorsport garage and they have set them up a treat, car is very pradicatble when driving hard and when does step out it easy to bring back under controll. am sorry for bad spelling am tired

Not being funny in the slightest here but how can you suggest Scott is wrong if you have only tried a single product. The OEM suspension is predictable and gives control if it steps out, and again not taking the piss but in an NA its hardly going to lose traction in quite the same way as a VVTi TT or single.

I've also got BC coilovers and for the money I can't fault them. Ive drove supras with most types of coilovers (apart from Tein Flex) and the ride is very comfortable with the BCs and the adjustment it massive. When I first fitted mine in actually had the belly of the car on the floor and it wasn't even right down and at full height it looked like a 4x4 lol.

When mines back on the road after the bad weather your welcome to come for a run out in it to see what you think.

Not being funny in the slightest here but how can you suggest Scott is wrong if you have only tried a single product. The OEM suspension is predictable and gives control if it steps out, and again not taking the piss but in an NA its hardly going to lose traction in quite the same way as a VVTi TT or single.

Alot of my mates have jap cars mainly skylines and scoobys and they all have different types of coilovers and have driven them and myself and them say the BC's are the fantastic for the money and some of them want them for their cars because on the soft setting its perfect fort he road not to stiff and hard at all, and my n/a loses traction plenty of times when i want her too

I've also got BC coilovers and for the money I can't fault them. Ive drove supras with most types of coilovers (apart from Tein Flex) and the ride is very comfortable with the BCs and the adjustment it massive. When I first fitted mine in actually had the belly of the car on the floor and it wasn't even right down and at full height it looked like a 4x4 lol.

When mines back on the road after the bad weather your welcome to come for a run out in it to see what you think.

that would be sweeet! only if we ever get any good weather :blink:

you kno with the 19s fitted did you find the coilovers ok thow? no scrubbing? able to full lock left and right as mine seem close as it is without been lowered!