The mkiv Supra Owners Club

caged shell

Guest Rsand85

Guest Rsand85

have no pics im in the process of caging my own one also have a spare shell im going to scrap. Was just a thought if anybody would be interested i could do it also and sell it on thats all.Cage would be made from scratch with proper materials fully welded would come as a bare shell with cage fitted

You may want to let the guys know what experience/equipment you have etc, IE are you a welder for a living? What regs are cages built too and what material are you using? CDS Chrome Moly etc. Im quite fussy about who builds my cages I would imagine others may be too. Not knocking anything just trying to help !!!

Guest Rsand85
You may want to let the guys know what experience/equipment you have etc, IE are you a welder for a living? What regs are cages built too and what material are you using? CDS Chrome Moly etc. Im quite fussy about who builds my cages I would imagine others may be too. Not knocking anything just trying to help !!!

no your quite right i would ask the same! Im doing mine from 48mm cds seamless could supply all steel certs with it as i work for a large fab shop that fabricates sub sea tow-heads/manifolds ect ect and they have all the correct gear for bending such.im a pipefitter/welder to trade but also do a large amount of machining and been the last year at the cnc its handy for making car parts!!

the last thing i wanted was to start an argument so i will finnish my own and get some pics up.heres a few of the buggy i just did to give you an idea cheers

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00183.jpgDSC00170.jpgDSC00169.jpgDSC00040.jpg

Guest Rsand85
That looks pretty cool dude, nice work, what sort of money do you reckon a cage tied into front struts and rear suspension mounts would run with door bars on the drivers side ??

to be honest im not sure was just an idea i had yesterday to save wasting a shell! the tube comes in at £10 per meter i took three 6m lenghs in not sure how much im needing though! im putting mine into the struts also so will get a good idea by the time im dun!it does take a bit of time to working out all the angles to get the right profile on the end of the pipe.i can see i will have to get a move on and get some pics up!!