The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Borrow some coilpacks, Northeast Scotland area?

bigbloodyturbo

I have a set you can borrow mate but I'm a touch further away :D

My guess is it's the coilpack clips rather than the coilpacks though. The first time I changed the sparkplugs I ended up with my car sounding like a suberpoo for a few days till I got a hold of some. I had taken out 2 of them and hadn't realised. The car would barely rev at first, till I managed to jiggle one into a better contact. It still ran like crap on 5cyl but it running on 4 is just crazy sounding.

Yeah, I hope ur right. I changed the clips about two years and the car has been sat for over a year. Right now I don't think it would even drive as its really struggling to hold an idle and revving is feeling like its missing really bad, bad shaking and vibrating. All I really need is one set of two, just so I can switch each set out

It definitely sounds like you are running on 4 cylinders. Start the car and try to get it to idle. use the throttle adjuster if you need to. from there pull the coilpack clips 1 at a tome and put them back. if you don't notice a change when you take it off you have found a dodgy connection.

It definitely sounds like you are running on 4 cylinders. Start the car and try to get it to idle. use the throttle adjuster if you need to. from there pull the coilpack clips 1 at a tome and put them back. if you don't notice a change when you take it off you have found a dodgy connection.

Had a play with it today. Was ignition as I thought but turns out it was the plugs. Because my downpipe wasn't completely welded when I started it the o2 was giving false readings and causing mega-rich mixture, fouled the plugs worse and worse untill it stopped completley. Pulled the plugs today and cleaned and gapped them, started first time and is now running fine. Thanks a lot for your help Scott and the offer of the coil packs.

Had a play with it today. Was ignition as I thought but turns out it was the plugs. Because my downpipe wasn't completely welded when I started it the o2 was giving false readings and causing mega-rich mixture, fouled the plugs worse and worse untill it stopped completley. Pulled the plugs today and cleaned and gapped them, started first time and is now running fine. Thanks a lot for your help Scott and the offer of the coil packs.

Glad its sorted mate. I had a similar issue when my car was in for its respray. Because of the car sitting for long periods of time and only being started to enter and exit the garage the plugs ended up absolutely manky and the car wouldn't start. I was relatively new to fault finding on the supra at the time so it took me a long while to figure out that it was a combination of flooding (mega rich) and sooty plugs. Cleaned them up, quick rub with emery, and she eventually fired up.