The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP!! Stuck in work carpark.

Guigsy

Came out to the car to go home. Car started and got halfway out of the carpark. Then it cut out. Wouldn't start up for any longer than a second or 2 and then cuts out.

I'm thinking it's the alarm/immobiliser But why would it start at all?

It may sound like an obvious question, but it does have fuel in it doesn't it? Also, can you here the fuel pump priming as normal?

Well I was going to buy a Whifbits 2 box exhaust and shine diffuser. But looks like I'll just book it in with paul and get him to take a look. If i can get it to him ok. I need it running 100% for dragonball.

The wife hates the bloody thing because I went from a 150k mile uk spec that worked perfectly to a 70k mile jspec that iv had to have recovered twice :(

I wonder if unplugging the battery for a while will reset everything?

The wife hates the bloody thing because I went from a 150k mile uk spec that worked perfectly to a 70k mile jspec that iv had to have recovered twice :(

Nothing to do with the fact it is a JSpec, you went from a stock car to a single turbo!

Did you explain that to her :p

LMM is on Sunday, so you got another 24 hours. ;)

Last week my awesome puling machine the Micra would not start. Tried everything I knew. Went inside to kick the cat and when I'd regained my composure,.. went outside again to try, and it started fine first crank.

These things happens from time to time.

My old NA Supra was great. Was always doing something random then would be fine the next day.

Could be some dirt in the fuel?

Edited by SupraStar 3000 (see edit history)

the alternator was replaced not so long ago when i baught the car. battery has been fine. that was new too.

its on charge now. all the cranking yesterday will have flattened it i assume.

Doesn't mean it's not faulty just because it's relatively new :(

Battery could have a duff cell, wet cell batteries recharge over time.

I was seeing an ignition on voltage of 11.7, which was fine, car started, noticed alternator wasn't holding voltage, 13.9.... 13.8.... 13.7.... 13.6...

Parked up, tried to start again, started the cut out. Went to start again, 10.5 volts on the ignition on position, then cut as if immobiliser cut, then alarm went nuts. Then had nothing, not even the odo.

bit it starts fine. sparks up and runs for half a second. and had plenty of juice to sit doing that over and over for 40 mins with me fiddleing with the alarm. if the battery was knackered after it conked out it wouldnt have started again would it?

even when i went back to it this morning it started for half a second before the indicators flashed and it conked out. then after unplugging the battery for 10 mins and connecting it back up it did it once then it tried but wouldnt fire then just gave me "click, click, click"

So the battery is dead from the repeated cranking without being recharged i think.