The mkiv Supra Owners Club

decent narrowband lambda for single turbo

mellonman

Okay

i have done a single turbo conversion and have a aem wideband in the down pipe but the aem does not give out a norrow band simulation signal the supra likes, So i put in a universal cheap rubish one that worked fine for a couple of months but now has given up the ghost, i did have a almost brand new stock o2 but the flange wont fit on the down pipe hole i have.

so are there any narrow band sensors that are good and are the normal threaded type? i see the deso type for the mkiii are like this would they work with the tt http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lambda-O2-Oxygen-Sensor-TOYOTA-Supra-3-08-1990-04-19-/330428723608?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cef163198 image has no flange but i think the mkiii is flanged.

where can i get a deso or the like with just the thread not the flange?

i dont really want to rip out the aem right now,but how much are the other widebands that simulate narrowbands that work?

Edited by mellonman (see edit history)

yes should of explained abit better i have a aem fic its a atuo supra so still need a narrow band signal for the stock ecu to keep it a stoic when off boost, yes i know the fic is complete rubish and should of reasearched but was told it works great but it does work Just lol.

The AEM does give out a simulated narrowband signal, if it's the Uego that is. It's the white wire and I used it on mine.

:yeahthat:

guys i did try this and failed it wouldnt idle at 14.7 then i researched at aem and found even they says rubish at the simulation! so have you 2 guys proven it to work with the supra

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?258214-wide-band-wiring-into-stock-ecu/page2

If I were you , I would talk to RyanG ; I am sure he can advise you! It might be cheaper in the long run to get a Syvecs ECU, nearly sure I read he has it running the Autobox now

yeah he can mate, but £80 sensor or £1,500 for a running syvecs the fic is now set up as good as it can be with timing safely backed off

guys i did try this and failed it wouldnt idle at 14.7 then i researched at aem and found even they says rubish at the simulation! so have you 2 guys proven it to work with the supra

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?258214-wide-band-wiring-into-stock-ecu/page2

I had it running on my Aristo no worries with a T67, and as we all know, the Supra has the Aristo engine so it should be fine

You have to just disconnect the signal wire and connect the white wire from the AEM, the heater circuit must remain connected or the ECU throws a fault, i suspect that may be your problem.

thats exactly what i done, but there was no o2 sensor fitted, so are you saying that the stock o2 has to be still conected and just the signal wire to the ecu fit the wide band.

thats exactly what i done, but there was no o2 sensor fitted, so are you saying that the stock o2 has to be still conected and just the signal wire to the ecu fit the wide band.

Signal (white wire) from AEM connected to the ECU std lambda in, (std signal wire cut and sealed) i left my std lambda in place, but kept the heater circuit still connected.

I suspect that if the ECU sees a lambda heater circuit fault it will ignore the lambda signal input, and run a default map, which would explain why you cant get it to run right.

intresting that the pair of you have different veiws on it connected and not, no harm in trying agiain with the failed o2 still conected and in place will be alot easier this time as all the wires are now in the passenger foot well :D

i will update tomorrow after i have given it another go