The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Bucket Seats are reccomended?

SUPRA2012

Hi all

I plan to stick a TT into my N/A, and also want to replace the OE Toyota seats with some sports ones... I do like the idea of saving weight ( i estimate that the current drivers seats must weigh 40kg, with the elec motors, and the passenger about 30kg ) which is the weight of an average bloke...so replacing them with a pair weighing anything from 12kg the pair to 25kg the pair must be of benefit....trouble is, I dont what to go for....im 6'2'', and about 15 stone, and I do want to be comfy....any ideas?

I have Sparco Evo 3 seats in my track car, I'm 6'3" and knocking on 17 stone.

They are a very comfy seat for a non-recliner and while they offer very good support you don't need a shoe-horn and a tube of KY to get in or out of them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=145144&d=1327666599

However, if (and that is a ma-hoosive if) I ever do manage to loose a stone or three for the benefit of my knees, back and heart the driver's seat may be a touch too wide so I'd recommend looking at the Evo 2 seat as well.

DSCF0012(1).JPG

Bit off topic but pedrosixfour could you send me a picture off your sub frames? Do they slide back and fourth? Or are they fixed?

I've sparco torrino in mine and as much as they are comfy you can't recline them to far back as the panels in the back won't let it.

I could, but you'd see very little mate, the seats are that low.

I removed both front & rear crossmembers which hold the captive nuts to which the original seats were bolted. Then using some heavy walled 1" box section as crossmembers, shaped to fit the available recess, I bolted the seats through these directly to the floorpan using standard side-mounting frames. The seats are fixed in position.